Anyone know where I can get a Flex Coil for a Hyperdimensional Resonator?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by WE1, Mar 29, 2005.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Hey Union,

If you're gonna fly the Enterprise it's better to be Captain Kirk, he got more girls.

2. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Vkid suggests that the problem may be a inter-dimentional loop at the destination point or maybe an improbiblity field, rather than the coil, batteries or wires, and he asks that you please place the reasonator on E-bay in 3 months time...or he might disappear. Oh god, where'd he go?
    JuJu is looking for an orgon-acumulator, has anybody got one? An orb or an orgasmatron will do.
    (aye, Darrell, that is the traveler)

3. WE1

WE1 Member

That's one of the main reason the Holo Deck was invented. I believe, just shortly after Captain Kirk retired.

4. unionpacificrailroad

unionpacificrailroad Member

PEace hippiestead,

not to rub it in, but you HAD a 62 Chevy. i HAVE a 57 :p ;) :cool: i love those old cars!

later

the tired flower child

5. unionpacificrailroad

unionpacificrailroad Member

Peace Meagain and WE,

true but Pickard gets to make most of the decisions. and he is the owner of the Enterprise! Kirk is is #1/ team captain

and WE the holo deck was invented sometime before Voyager got lost on its way by getting sucked in a wormhole? Kirk has been around on the Enterprise D (Enterprise) for along TIme in service years anyway. and remember when Qu goes into to holo deck and Warf is in there in his search for inmortality?

later

the tired flower child

6. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Did I stumble into a Trekie Convention? I still cruising with Dr. Who in the Tardus. Pity we're stuck in 18th century London!
    Shit! There's Barny Collins!

7. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

We1 help, Vkid has disappeared; will you please reconcider getting that resonator on E-Bay. Spaceduck, do you have any ideas? Darn, he just installed a Mr. Fusion in the time travel bus & we were getting ready to see if we could wire it to run the hippiestead on fusionated garbage!

8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It seems the resonater my cousin had access to had an inherant problem.Either that or he should'nt have been standing in front of the microwave attempting to travel exactly as I was making popcorn.Honestly,nobody misses him much,but I could sure use that space in my garage,that 's taken up by the weird mass of meat with a few hairs sticking out here and there,to store some stuffed raccoons.

9. confessor

confessor Member

Finally! It was such a bitch wearing those biometric induction pads all the time. Everytime I traveled the women asked me what those spots were on my hips (from the copper turning my skin green). Now I know what Capt. Kirk was thinking ... I found at 57ºC the cyanoacrylic envelope of these AOL CDs becomes pliable and can be formed to make ideal transponders for the TTU output!

10. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

We need your help for...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Time Traveler Convention
    May 7, 2005, 10:00pm EDT (08 May 2005 02:00:00 UTC)
    (events start at 8:00pm)
    East Campus Courtyard, MIT
    3 Ames St. Cambridge, MA 02142
    42:21:36.025°N, 71:05:16.332°W
    (42.360007,-071.087870 in decimal degrees)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    News Events Attendees Gallery Reading List
    IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR ATTENDEES:
    Convention events now start at 8pm for present-time attendees. It will start with lectures and/or music, and at 10pm the moment of truth will arrive. No need to modify any existing publicity efforts, as time travelers can come at 8pm or 10pm.

What is it?

Technically, you would only need one time traveler convention. Time travelers from all eras could meet at a specific place at a specific time, and they could make as many repeat visits as they wanted. We are hosting the first and only Time Traveler Convention at MIT on Saturday, and WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Why do you need my help?

We need you to help PUBLICIZE the event so that future time travelers will know about the convention and attend. This web page is insufficient; in less than a year it will be taken down when I graduate, and futhermore, the World Wide Web is unlikely to remain in its present form permanently. We need volunteers to publish the details of the convention in enduring forms, so that the time travelers of future millennia will be aware of the convention. This convention can never be forgotten! We need publicity in MAJOR outlets, not just Internet news. Think New York Times, Washington Post, books, that sort of thing. If you have any strings, please pull them.

Great idea, I'd love to help! What should I do?

Write the details down on a piece of acid-free paper, and slip them into obscure books in academic libraries! Carve them into a clay tablet! If you write for a newspaper, insert a few details about the convention! Tell your friends, so that word of the convention will be preserved in our oral history! A note: Time travel is a hard problem, and it may not be invented until long after MIT has faded into oblivion. Thus, we ask that you include the latitude/longitude information when you publicize the convention.

You can also make an absolute commitment to publicize the convention afterwards. In that case, bring a time capsule or whatever it may be to the party, and then bury it afterwards.

Can't the time travelers just hear about it from the attendees, and travel back in time to attend?

Yes, they can! In fact, we think this will happen, and the small number of adventurous time travelers who do attend will go back to their "home times" and tell all their friends to come, causing the convention to become a Woodstock-like event that defines humanity forever.

Unfortunately, we of the present (2005) don't have time travel, and so we only have one chance at observing the convention. If the time travelers don't leave us their secrets, we won't be able to go back in time and see our convention in all its glory unless it is publicized in advance.

Isn't time travel impossible?

We can't know for certain. The ancient Greeks would have thought computers were impossible, and the Phoenicians certainly wouldn't have believed that humans would one day send a spacecraft to the moon and back. We cannot predict the future of science or technology, so we can only make an effort and see if any time travelers come to our convention. If you would like to read more about time travel, check out our reading list.

I'm from the future, and I'd like to attend!

We're not sure how you're emailing us from the future, but we'd love to have you! Come as you are! No dress code whatsoever. We do request that you bring some sort of proof that you do indeed come from the future, and haven't just dressed like you do. We welcome any sort of proof, but things like a cure for AIDS or cancer, a solution for global poverty, or a cold fusion reactor would be particularly convincing as well as greatly appreciated.

I'm from the present, and I'd like to attend!

Great! We would also love to have you, especially if you have helped publicize. We request that you bring refreshments if possible, as we need to make this a great party for you and for the time travelers. RSVP at timetravelerconvention@gmail.com, and then show up at the designated place at the designated time! PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO RSVP OR TO BRING SNACKS. The East Campus Courtyard is in between the two red rectangles on this map. If you plan on attending, PLEASE check this page frequently for updates. UPDATE 5/2: Convention events start at 8pm now. Feel free to come at either 8pm, 10pm, or anytime in between. We'd recommend coming early as we hope to get some very interesting speakers and musicians for this time.

I'm from the present, and I'd like to attend, but I can't!

No worries! If time travel is invented in your lifetime, you can always come later. Even if it isn't, we'll have pictures and video up at this site within a week after the Convention.

I've volunteered and helped publicize!

Thanks! If you'd like to be included in the gallery, please send us a picture of your publicity effort by email at timetravelerconvention@gmail.com. You can also email us with any other questions you might have. Please do not get offended if we do not reply to your email! We have a lot of work to do until Saturday and will read the emails more carefully after the convention.

This is neat!

Thanks! If you like it, please consider linking to this page, and/or sending us an email. Also consider visiting Cat and Girl, one of the best comic strips out there. Also, check out Destination Day; they seem to have something very similar, and did it first (although our convention is inspired by Cat and Girl).

Snacks and Drinks fund: (all donations will be spent on refreshments at the convention)

11. Mobius

Mobius Member

Ladies. Tell me you (for lakc of a better word) IDIOTS, don't actually believe that you have been back in time.
    Quote from some dufuss "I think I'm going to sell my HDR on e-bay. I've been having some reliability issues as of late with mine. Such as the time, I re-energized when my flex coil was slightly out of sync. And I found myself at a KKK rally in Selma Alabama circa; 1947. Trust me,that was not too cool. Or the time, I mistakenly installed the reserve power coupling in backwards and wound up on the 30 yard line of a New England Patriots vs. Miami Dolphins football game! Thank goodness the teams were playing at the opposite end of the field when I materialized. But,it was quite embarrasing at the time to say the least. I suppose, I could increase the voltage from 9 VDC to 120 VAC but I really don't like the idea of the extra long extension cord that would be needed. My only real question is, why does Mr.Gibbs insist on installing late 20th century Chinese components on a time machine that was not invented until 2375? And just to give you an idea of the poor overall quality of the componants used in the HDR. I opened up the transwarp fibulator several days ago and found the power coupling controled by a circuit board stamped "Atari Games Systems". The only real solution I can see is to use diletium crystals. But they won't be discovered for about another four hundred years. And will be used mostly to power the warp engines in starships."

This is why I don't drink (a) Bong water or (b) My own urine

12. Timetraveler

Timetraveler Banned

WalMart garden center. Comes in 50 lb. bags.

13. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Member

Mobius.........buy a vowel ...until you get it. This is the funniest thread I've seen on here in a long time.

I have just one question.....where is the past located ?

14. jiangnanah

jiangnanah Members

This machine, I just know it recently! I contacted Steven Gibbs! But he won't sell it to me! Maybe because of the Sino-US trade war. So I'm going to have the money to go to the United States and buy it from him!