Anyone know about laws and such in Texas?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Soulless||Chaos, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Alright, here's the deal.. :confused: About 3 or so years ago in Texas, I got a DUI, but that was before the laws were made stricter and it was a mere class C misdemeanor.. So anyway, I did time served for bail and such, then they let me out, and eventually I left and never took care of any of it.. Well anyway, some time in the semi near future I may be moving back to Texas, and jsut wondering if maybe they forgot about it or something? :D Or what kind of shit should I expect to have to deal with? :confused: I know at the time it was a max $500 fine license suspended for a month, and possible community service for like no more than 10-20 hours.. Anyway, all I ever got in the mail about it was a thing saying my license was suspended in Texas until a month later and I paid the $125 reinstatement fee.. So would it be safe to assume I wouldn't have too much to take care of? :D I had thought the time served thingy was for my bail and all, but I was in there for 4 days at $150 a day, so that would have paid my fine right there.. Shit I dunno , anyone got any ideas on this?

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

it will cost more I am sure.

3. Soulless||Chaos

Maybe if I wait long enough it will go away. :D

4. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

or you can call ze coppers and ask, without actually saying what your name is or anything

5. purple-moss

purple-moss Member

i think Texas recently extended the death penalty for that....bummer for you

6. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

i think 7 years is the statute of limitations

and youve been typing alot lately.

7. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

You're gonna get "the chair".......:eek:

Sorry, I don't know anything about Texas.

8. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

if you owe money, that will never go away, if you have already gone to court, anything the judge sentenced will never go away, after a certain number of years a second will count as a first, but in order to legally drive you will have to take care of it. Stupid computers......

9. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Pft, get a gun, thats the real law in these parts.

Yeehaw. [​IMG]

10. alex714

alex714 To the Left

you did time??
    like at a juvi hall or just a holding cell?

11. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

You think its hot too, eh? [​IMG]

12. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

It's that "bad boy" image.......are you a bad boy, too, Lodui? ;)

off-topic, I thought your sig quote said "menstruation for the soul" :D

13. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

Call from a safe distance away. You'll want to speak to the court clerk most likely. Ask them what ya owe, if you still need to do anything,etc.

14. purple-moss

purple-moss Member

i know if i did not pay my traffic fine...170 dollars:rolleyes:....the fine would double and they could do a number of things to me...none of them sounded pleasant......so i paid it...

i guess i am no rebel.....:confused:

15. Soulless||Chaos

Thing is, I never went to court. :D Got out of jail, got my car out of impound, drank, smoked and partied for about a month, then left. :D They obviously know where I am, they mailed me the thing about my license. :p

16. Soulless||Chaos

I spent the night in first a small holding cell on the wall of which I wrote my name in urine as there was no toilet and the cops pissed me off. (And I was quite drunk) :D Then they took me to the main jail where I spent the night in the drunk tank, then I was in another holding cell for a day, then in population for 4 days. :D It was incredibly boring. :rolleyes:

17. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

No alex, in texas it's called the "Pokey" or the "hooscow".

You should call somebody Patrick. texans like to hang people, I mean.."string 'em up".

18. Soulless||Chaos

That's most likely what I'll do. :D

19. Soulless||Chaos

Well the actual jail was in Conroe TX, and I've seen the old hangin' tree in Conroe myself, still rope.. :eek:

20. Soulless||Chaos

It sucked though, on my way out I politely requested a copy of the picture of me in the jail suit (I had one of the streipey black and grey ones :D) which they took when I was put in population, but they wouldn't give it to me. :( So I stole their stupid prison shoes. But also cause I had been swimming befoprehand and went to jail barefoot, then ended up walking back from Conroe to the Woodlands, so I needed shoes. :rolleyes: That shit is like a 30 minute drive. :eek: