Anyone here in a great relationship?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by enhancer13, Jun 13, 2013.

1. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

Is there anyone here that is actually in a great relationship? A relationship that is strong, secure and 100% fullfilling? One with great communication, trust and amazing sex?

I ask, because almost every post I read here is negative! My partner is no good at sex, how can I change my partner, my partner ignores me, my partner is selfish and so on.

If you are not happy then do something about it instead of looking for strangers on a forum to do it for you. They can't. They are not there and only here one side of the story. There is someone out there for everyone so don't just settle for anyone.

2. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

I don't think people who are happy in their relationships feel much need to discuss them.
    Sure, they write something as a response in a thread, when they think it might add to the discussion.

There's nothing 100% secure in life, so why boast about it just because it is great in this moment?

I'm sure there are a lot of Hip Forums members who are in good partnerships.

3. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

4. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

I said 100% fullfilling and for me there are things in my life that are that way!

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I am. Its not perfect but we work through the hard times very well together.

6. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

Cheers to you then and may your happiness continue!

7. laughing-buddha

laughing-buddha Relax and have fun

8. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

Working well together is the key! So many people are all about me.

9. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

I know.
    I used percentage to illustrate a different argument - a reason for a smaller number of positive relationship posts.

It's good that you have those things in your life :).
    I believe/hope most people do. :sunny:

10. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I'm in a wonderful online relationship with a marvelous girl at the moment. We have yet to meet each other in person, but the whole thing feels so natural and the sex(well, cyber sex) is phenomenal. This is truly UNLIKE my past relationships. I'm super happy and excited, but what's different about it is that I haven't lost my senses. I'm very calm about this relationship even though I'm totally excited about it. But calm in a pleasant, soothing way. This might just be IT... But hey, even if it isn't, it's fine. My SO and I are happy right now, and we connect awesomely. She's a good friend material too, so I'm confident she and I will be able to maintain a pleasant relationship/friendship, no matter what happens in the future. :)

11. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

I have been on the other side of the fence before! I won't do it again.

When communication breaks down or is never there, when everyday with someone is a struggle and when the bad outweighs the good it is not worth it.

Sometimes it is hard to start over, but you have one life so you might as well live it right.

People need to look no further then in the mirror to find the solution to their happiness. That is where it begins. Everything else will fall into place.

12. AustAl

AustAl Guest

I am! Then again my girlfriend and I were both previously married in somewhat restrictive relationships, so when we got together we both agreed to no BS & 100% honesty always. 5 years later we are still as happy as the first date. My girlfriend is bi, so I allow her to do what she wants. We are occasional swingers so that helps our sex life too. But we are both drama free, stress free (and child free - maybe that has something to do with it!)

13. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I've been married for 23 years to a truly amazing woman

14. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Thanks for sharing.

I am in my first open from the start relationship since I was a sophomore in college. I'm head-over-heels for her. It's not often I find someone who pays their own bills, shares the initiative, and gives me my space.

I met one girl like this when I was 21 and we'd never had a single argument. It took me 15 years to find another.

So far so good. I'm bicurious myself, and she's been nothing but super supportive. Like you, I feel like I have to hide nothing from her.

15. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

That is awesome for you! Never to late to find that something special.

16. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

^ this. I am in an incredible relationship. strong love, support, great similarities and also complementary differences. the sex is great and we always look out for each other and keep a pulse on how the relationship is doing. she is my best friend, lover, and life partner. :)

that doesn't mean we don't fight; that doesn't mean we don't disagree on things; that doesn't mean i don't worry about things in the future, and that she doesn't worry about things in the future. love is hard work, it can be scary. commitment and fidelity can be difficult in this culture that promotes selfishness, instant gratification and manipulation. but the work is worth it :)

17. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I have been in a relationship n living with my husband for almost 14 yrs now... it is crazy to think of... our 10th (10th!!!) wedding anniversary is on july 2nd ... so neways, not to go into what we're gonna do for it (I honestly have no clue)- back to topic- We went thru some tough times years ago (but we still always were here for each other and had good times too, it was never all bad) but yea, it sounds cheesy and cliché but those things, working thru them, made us stronger and each relationship a lot healthier- I don't know- I was only 20 when we met and he was 23 and now we are 32 and 36, so yea, ppl get older and change and grow up and w that I can honestly say that I am very happy and content in my relationship.. I have absolutely no thoughts of needing to change it - and btw, one of the most important things I've learned thru the yrs is you are never gonna change your partner soo... you figure out do I love this person no matter what, just as they are, not as you want them to be ... anyways if the answers yes you learn to relax about things and kinda settle into things (well, we finally had a kid after all these yrs, 2 yrs ago so things have changed here) and a routine if that makes sense ... man, I have no idea where i'm going w this.
    I love him just as much as the day I first met him , if not more.
    However, relationships are REAL and if you're asking ppl if they are 100% content- I mean, 100% fulfilled 100% of the time and have amazing sex AND communication? Haha... Being that we are two humans, I think that would even be very arrogant of me if I tried to say that...and delusional as well, if I believed that... but I don't have to be 100% amazingly awesome all the time... when I'm not I don't bitch n complain.... or really, even mention it. But yea... I'm very happy right now (prolly a better word than happy but i'll use that one...)...

18. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

:2thumbsup:
    Or...maybe I coulda just said that. :)

19. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yayy :D

and here I am being all hit to hit ten in a cpl days :)

20. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

Nice to hear from all of you people that are happy and your views on how you make it work for you and your partners!