anyone here have naturally curly hair?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by jerry420, May 30, 2004.

1. cousinit

cousinit Member

I have dark brown extreemly thick titley curled, frizzyhair. So much so that its almost negroid. its verry unusual for a white guy.

When I was 14 i had the biggest freekin afro you ever saw. my hair litterally stuck out 16inches in all directions. when it was wet and combed out it would fall to my waist. But to get my hair to stay down like I wanted it too, I had to buzz the sides and dump a shit load hair of spray in it.
    Then every time I washed my hair I had to fight with it, it just went into dreds.This all pissed me off so much I just shaved it off. That didnt work well eather, as I learnt what hundreds of ingrown hairs felt like.

I'm sporting a crew cut as of the moment. I keep my hair verry short, its just too big of pain.

2. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i know what your sayin man,

when I had long hair, it sucked if it wasnt maintained. frizzy and fucked up.

3. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

me, and i hate it.. I have to straighten my hair everyday with straightning irons to get it straight

4. Velouria

Velouria Member

My hair is naturally curly/wavy and it is very long. When I straighten it it looks perfectly stick straight, and I like that. BUT it takes forever since it is so long and thick.

5. misc

misc Member

If that is you in your sig than your hair is beautiful.

6. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

I do.. sometimes i straigten it but its a pain.. THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE WHEN I DONT DRY IT>>>the other one is my hair straight

7. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

I have naturally wavy/curly hair in the back and sides, but in the front and front sides my hair is straight. How's that for annoying?

8. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

My hair was naturally curly when I was young. Now it's pretty straight. I think part of that is the weight of it all. It's almost to my waist. And the grey just doesn't curl like the rich young brown hair did.

My son has tight curly ringlets. We don't want to cut his hair but everyone thinks he's a girl. I can pull the back into a pony, but the sides come right out. It needs to grow a bit more. I hope it gets long enough soon to pull back. Then maybe he won't look so much like a girl. He'll be 2 in a few weeks.

Kathi

9. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Curly! Me too! :D It's so much fun, coz it looks half shorter;)

10. Experience Haze

Experience Haze Member

i have those ringlet things too, all of my friends that are girls just LOVE to play with my hair, somewhat annoying but i love it:) dark brown. and for some reason when i first started growing my hair it would be flat in the back:confused: hmmmmmm.... but now in the morning i just get the damn tough thingies out of my hair and put in some mousse them im off! BOING BOING BOING!

11. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

same exact thing here ...eccept my hair was never red...

12. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

heh heh, this shows the "curlyness" of my hair. it curls out on its own man[​IMG]

13. moonlightdelerium

moonlightdelerium Senior Member

My hair is anything but straight. My curls are like a trademark, in town I'm that girl with the guitar and the curly hair. Its kinda funny.

14. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

i have curly hair too! sometime's i'll straighten it, but usually i let it go curly, it's fun!

15. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

Yup, i'm another curly one...My hair is about a handlength past my shoulders, very dark brown and insanely curly. It is in masses if tight, cuuuurrly ringlets the whole way down.No picture though, sorry.
    It's even to curly to straighten - i tried it and it stayed straight for about 6 minutes before zooming back to it's curly self. :)

And I'm so sympathising with the playing with the hair thing - it cracks me up that people(strangers) take it as their right to just come up to you and twirl your hair and pull it. I had a guy on the train the other day start stroking my head an telling me that i had 'curly hair like a mermaid'...that was some creepy shit :)

16. freedbypeace

freedbypeace A Woman Left Lonely

my hair is naturally curly. I like to call it wavy though, because it is unpredictable! my hair reminds me a lot of janis joplin's when her hair is at its curliest. :)

17. I0_Helter_Skelter_0I

I0_Helter_Skelter_0I Member

The last 2 inches if my hair is curly but the rest (for the most part) is straight. I hate being in the middle.