Anyone Here From Texas?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by CelticMuse, May 14, 2004.

1. CubanB

CubanB Member

Whats up everyone. I just moved to Texas like 3-4 weeks ago from Northern California (Chico, CA to be exact). I live in McKinney, TX now and i think its about 25-30 minutes from Dallas. I'm bored out of my mind though because I spent my whole life growing up in California and now I'm out here with no friends and not much idea on what to do besides play guitar and go on the internet....would smoke pot but i ran out of the stash i brought from Cali *sigh*. The one person I know in Texas lives in Houston however he actually was just sent off to Iraq to and will be there for 16-18 months. Never thought i'd say this before but I want school to start so I can meet people or at least try too. By the way....are there any head shops in Dallas at all?

2. *Anne85*

*Anne85* Member

there probably are a few in dallas, the one i go to is in arlington though. it's right by UTA, do u know where that is?

3. CubanB

CubanB Member

The only place I have been to in Arlington was Six Flags right next to where the Rangers play. Is it near there?

4. *Anne85*

*Anne85* Member

i dont think it's near Six Flags. it's off of highway 360, it's called Pipedream. i can give u the address it u wanna type it in on mapquest and see how far it is from u.

5. CubanB

CubanB Member

I would appreciate it if you could :)

6. CelticMuse

CelticMuse Member

I know there's one on South Cooper st in Arlington I can't rercall the name of it but its right across the street from Deep Woods Apothecary and Zombies coffee house. I do know its not far from Mustang Stadium and if you go towardas the university you should also run into PipeDreams, they have or had several locations in the D/FW/A area

I'll also try to get exact directions for you.
    Why did you move, and where are you going to school at. if you don't mind me asking.

7. CubanB

CubanB Member

Thanks....for the info. Went to PipeDreams today and it definately made my month so far here! I moved here from California because it was to expensive out there for me to stay so i moved in with my parents who moved here a year ago. I'm going to Colin County Community College and hopefully transfering somewhere here by the end of the year.

8. sleepydreamer

sleepydreamer Member

Hey what's up everybody?

I just found these forums the other day. Seems like a cool place.

Anyway, I'm about one hundred miles east of dallas.

peace

9. Mike177

Mike177 Member

hey CubanB.... is that u spencer?

10. Hippievixen

Hippievixen Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Representing Dallas here...

so nice to meet all my neighbors!

*big Texas hugs to all*

Merry Christmas!!!

Yes, there are headshops in Dallas. There's a Smoke and Toke by North Park Mall.

11. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

ha ha! I worked for the Arlington PipeDreams in 87

12. LostOne

LostOne Member

Yep, I live in dallas. And (no offense to you texans) but it fucking sucks. The only good thing I can think of is the weather. I have been here for about 3 years now and I cant wait to leave in April. The city is dirty, the cops are dirtier, the justice system is worse.

Now that I got that off my chest, there are quite a few head shops in dallas. I only know one well enough to tell you where it is. It is off of 635 and you exit skillman/audelia. its like right there. Its called Gas Pipe, pretty good prices too. Also just north of Dallas is Plano, and if you go down by the Collin Creek Mall and ask for directions to Retro, its like right there. Thier prices are kinda expensive, but they got a lot of really nice glass pieces.

13. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

I have to drive to Henderson to make BoA accounts deposits when I'm up in East Texas...

14. BudBomb7

BudBomb7 Member

damn, six pages and nobody from where im at.

Abilene, Texas here...about 3 hours west of dallas.

15. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

soo....i live in pearland,tx. its in the houston/clearlake/alvin area. what exactly are we trying to accomplish by this thread?

16. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I'm from Texas! The Woodlands specificaly, Between Houston and Conroe. :D I no longer live in Texas though. :(

17. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Hi Neighbor,
    It must be of the utmost importance based on the responses...

18. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

come again..haha im a lil slow

19. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Near as I can tell, we're not trying to accomplish anything ceptin to see who might Live nearby...

20. BudBomb7

BudBomb7 Member

maybe we are trying to find hip friends in our areas?