Anyone Have Experience Of Playing The Stock Markets?

Discussion in 'Hip Business Network' started by Gangster Guru, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I'm really not worth that much haha. Might be comfortable for five years if I'm frugal. I'm fracked if I know how to generate a living income from this World. But I guess I'm gonna have to try. If Basquiat is worth a hundred million then surely I can sell my stuff for a few hundred occasionally. Geez...

1 person likes this.
  2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I blew it all on crack, crackwhores, whores and crack.

Idlewild likes this.
  3. jesss

jesss Members

I am so scared of making investments, just because I am scared of loosing and I get very mad if I do. :nomouth:

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

yes every year i put 1000 on pine trees around xmas
    pumpkins for halloween

5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

How much is a McDonalds franchise? Or Maybe I could set up a chain of shoeshine stalls.

6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

The first vegan McDonalds.

RainyDayHype likes this.
  7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I bought some Solar Windows Technology a few years ago. Look ém up----if they get rolling---and they are--I'll be fine.

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

real estate is the only way to go here

prices just keep rising and rising

wilsjane likes this.
  9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

London must be the best place in the world to invest. Our £600 house bought in 1957 (one year of my late fathers salary at the time) is now worth 2 million.

David0301 likes this.
  10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I'm earning around £10.000 a year just sitting on my arse. When the miserable old fart who entered my life without my consent dies I will get the house, sell, and start a small record label and book publishing house. I wonder how much the Walnut veneered Indian card playing table with the ashtrays which pull out of the sides is worth? Should pay for my air trip to New York and a few nothings in particular.

11. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

I think 'peaks' should be 'piques' - this is like Americans saying 'click' for 'clique' (cleek). Maybe Canadians and Northumbirans do it too

12. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

I got out about three months ago, thinking it had peaked. Oh, well... I still have a pretty good gain.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It is also wise to put money down during warmer months of the soft drink companies. I find. Especially around festivals a lot of people need drinks in warm temperature. :)

14. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

The first thing to do when coming into a sizeable sum of money is - to do nothing

The second thing to do is to invest in a range of stable high dividend stocks (such as Canadian banks which average around 4%/pa and increase their dividends pretty well every year. Their stock prices may present mild volatility but this doesn't affect their dividends which are fixed, generally annually. There is moderate upside potential to bank stocks, in addition to their generous payouts. Together with dividend-paying stocks you should keep a portion of your cash in one or more money market funds, ensuring that you have daily access to a significant portion, in order to take advantage of opportunities which may arise serially as you gain knowledge.

Some people find investing addictive. Others find it a chore. I have no idea where you fit on that spectrum.

PS - this is not a solicitation to enter any financial transaction

15. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

insightful Irm

16. candys

candys Visitor

It seems to be interesting, but personally I try to avoid any risky investments and cooperations.I used to check any companies through datapo.com/en/ to reduce the risks of cooperations. It's database where they daily collect all records about companies and their activities. Forewarned is forearmed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2018
  17. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I've started with an online trading firm. Just put in $250 to start off with. It'll just be a bit of fun to start out, till I learn the ropes. I'm serious though. So to bring this thread full circle - I am now officially a trader.

18. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

The last time I played the stock market was 2007 right at the peak. I ended up losing 15 grand. The market looks toppy now down 3% just today.

19. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

It's going on 6 months G
    How's trading working out?

20. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Great. I'm a virtual millionaire. I have six zeros in my account.

2BeZen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.