anyone have a nudist family?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by ohioubobcat7, Jan 1, 2007.

1. nudony

nudony Member

I did.

But yes: it works out much better when you start early.

Very Fast Car likes this.
  2. nudony

nudony Member

I did.

I think there is no doubt this is correct.

It was actually pretty simple for us, actually. I was a home-nudist from before my daughter was born. When she was around 2, like most children, she would "run around naked" after her bath. We simply decided to not force her to get dressed. Her Mom, who did not go nude at home, saw how nudity could be fun; and changed her mind about it. It was actually her idea to just stay nude for dinner; for which she joined in. Eventually, nudity became so natural in our home that we decided we might as well all stay naked in the house. Everyone was happy with that decision; and even my wife started enjoying spending the entire evening naked.

Starting early allowed my daughter to grow up feeling like nudity was just a natural thing. For her, being nude at home, and then going to a resort and being naked outdoors with other kids was just a "normal, average week end." Eventually though, the "outside world" got a hold of her; and she started feeling self-conscious about how "different" her home life was from her friends. That and puberty. But the fear of "starting" is often based on misconception. Kids can be mouthy; but they are also highly adaptable and can understand that family nudity is not be be discussed with non-nudists; without feeling any ambiguity about it. My daughter - who today is an adult - has no negative feelings about her upbringing; quite the contrary. One of her favorite childhood memories was all of us having a "dance-off" naked in the living room.

JH93022, Joe90, Scarecrow13 and 4 others like this.
  3. Blindboy

Blindboy Members

Even though I loved being naked when I could, my family was definitly not open to it. But I moved ion with my uncle and his adopted little boy and my uncle very much encouraged nudity in his home. He would throw pool parties but I was only 15 and was fine with being naked with my little cousin and uncle, I was shy about being around a lot of naked adults. But he talked me into it and it was great and was very comfortable. I sort of regret that there were no nudist communities in my area but still today I consider myself a nudist...

Joe90 likes this.
  4. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

That's basically how I intend to raise mine. "Kids can be mouthy; but they are also highly adaptable and can understand that family nudity is not be be discussed with non-nudists" How do you do that? That has been my big concern, some kids you just can't keep a secret with.

Joe90 likes this.
  5. Benivey

Benivey Newbie

Your son enjoys the nude bodied

6. scottdfg

scottdfg Banned

NO and they shouldnt be really.... Nothing gross or underhanded about being nude...... Its beautiful!!

Joe90 likes this.
  7. Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon Joseph

Mom and I were full time nudist. Doors were never closed, and clothes were only for leaving home. It made me proud of my body naturally.

Joe90 and bill697cu like this.
  8. Joe90

Joe90 Members

What ever you diside will be the right thing for you. Sorry for your loss.

9. JH93022

JH93022 Members

my wife and I have both have had laser. It is the best,…for us it is smooth all the way.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
    Joe90 likes this.
  10. JH93022

JH93022 Members

That is just as natural as being nude itself. I am so surprised all of the naturists talking of being one with nature and then are so hung up on a natural erection. I am not talking of “jerking off” just normal male enjoyment of their surroundings or simple excitement. If they are not being rude with or about it.

Joe90 likes this.
  11. JH93022

JH93022 Members

You are one very luck lady!! We took our son to a nude resort and he had a lot of fun. Other than that one time we were pretty much just nude at home. We also went to a few nude beaches and Hot Springs as well, but generally it was just nude at home.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    Joe90 likes this.
  12. JH93022

JH93022 Members

It is funny how people spend so much time judging others on what is natural or not natural yet there are so many trends, many people that like to shave many people that like to trim and many people that let it grow wild. Just like any other part of their body, their face may be shaved, trimmed, or have a wild beard. It all is natural. It is just preference.

Joe90 likes this.
  13. JH93022

JH93022 Members

because it’s no big deal. If you went to the same nude beach, then you would just see for yourself. That is the point of the conversation is for people to exchange their experiences, and obviously nudists do not care about people, seeing or knowing how they groom those areas

Joe90 likes this.
  14. JH93022

JH93022 Members

It is best to start them at a young age. I wish I had the opportunity but I was a single dad until my son was eight when I met my now wife of 28 years. Soon after we were together, we were clothing optional within the house, but I wish we were able to start them much younger, and they likely would’ve taken into it more than they have in their adult years.

15. nudony

nudony Member

Unfortunately, that is not always the case. As I explained in my previous post, and not to repeat myself too much, we started from pretty much "the crib." My wife was not "into it" at first; but when she realized our daughter "really was", she decided to set a "positive female example" and join us. From there, the effect was so positive to our family life that with everyone's endorsement, we decided to be a "naked family" at home. Except for when we had visitors - and then with some relatives being the exception - we were always naked at home. From there, and with some encouragement from nudists we met; we decided it would be good for our daughter to have nudist peers. So we started taking her to the resort, where she made friends. My daughter loved her "naked life"; and I thought she was "all set" to become a lifelong nudist.

Then puberty hit; and that was the end of that. It was sudden.
    There are certainly situations where a teen will continue being a nudist in spite of puberty and peer-pressure. In my experience, it's usually when they have close nudist siblings and/or friends - that keep them going. It can also be a "personality thing." But it's much more common for kids to eventually drop out. It's sad; but you've just got to let them go through their own process.

Joe90 likes this.
  16. JH93022

JH93022 Members

I think it os because they are suddenly confronted with their sexuality. Many nudists are so anti-sex that it becomes difficult for them to process and understand the difference. While nudity does not equal sex, nudity can and does in fact trigger sexual thoughts. I think that people need to be much more open about sexuality which will put them more at ease with what is happening to them. Especially boys that end up getting consistent erections yet many will tell him to go and hide rather than give him positive reinforcement and simply allow it to be normal. Girls then have to deal with their body changing and growing breasts and hair and the feelings they get that they never used to. Just because you embrace sexuality does not mean you have to be creepy and gross and or be advocating for incest.

Joe90 likes this.