Anyone Ever Had Spinal And/or Brain Surgery?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by abarambling, Feb 7, 2017.

1. abarambling

abarambling Banned

The surgery will probably be next month, April, or May.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Keep us posted. Lots of us will be interested and rooting for you to do well.

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Wish You Well......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

4. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

If you are not getting answers to direct questions then you need to consider another doctor and opinions. If this is major surgery you need to have more than one opinion to make an informed decision.

Doctors do deal with patients who do not wish to know details but that does not mean that they should not be provided. Informed consent matters and the ramifications of any surgery need to be known be it good or bad.

I hope you feel better no matter which way you do decide to go.

1 person likes this.
  5. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Aw, thanks. I really appreciate that.

2 people like this.
  6. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Thanks, BooBoo.

7. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I'm not shy, by any means. But, I'm just not that type of person. I guess the type of person that gets answers, for lack of better explanation. Basically, he told me what he told me, and that's normally how it goes. Over the years, I've tried to ask questions about my medical journey, and they either give me the run-around, or they basically tell me to shut the fuck up and stop asking questions. So, I've gotten the hint now, and I don't really ask questions. I kind of just see how it goes.

My doctors say that I'm very verbal, that's the word they use. And they say this because I have put my foot down and told them no when they're taking things too far, when they're pressing my body pass my boundaries. So, I can tell them get the fuck away from me before I stab your ass, but I can't be that type of person, you know. The type of patient that just, you know. I'm sure I am describing this greatly.

8. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Still haven't had this fucking surgery. I've been avoiding it for like a year now. But, I have an appointment with the doctor that recommended this surgery in August. My fucking birthday month, no less. Actually, it's on the 9th. And my birthday is on the 8th. Can you believe that? Anyways, I'm pretty sure they're going to put me in a corner about having the surgery. I have this bad feeling they're going to be like, "Well, Cynthia... you can't live on painkillers and anti-convulsion medicine for the rest of your life. You have to have the surgery", but odds are even after I have the surgery I'll probably still live on that medication. So, that's just bullshit to make me scared into having the surgery. Basically, they're nicely threatening to take my medication away, so that I won't develop an addiction to it, but I'm pretty sure I have already developed some dependence on it.

I'm just cranky. I'm sorry. I've been avioding this doctor for a few months now. But, I know that I have to face the music. It has to happen, whatever that it that will happen.

1 person likes this.
  9. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Yes, I've had stereotactic radiotherapy for my acoustic neuroma in my left ear....I'm lucky I was born in the 80's and not in the 60's is all I can say..I can't say I'd fancy conventional brain surgery, it carries a 1 in 270 chance of death & a relatively high probability of complications & infection.

10. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Is this for chirari formation?
    Or something else?

11. Aerianne

OP is banned.

12. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

And using a second personna.

13. Aerianne

See Hip Chris' post in the Moderator section.