Anyone else here sencitive to added sugar?

Discussion in 'Food Allergies' started by PinkFairyTulip, Mar 2, 2012.

1. PinkFairyTulip

PinkFairyTulip Member

While it's not really an allergy, I am sencitive to added sugar in foods and as a resolt I don't eat sweets that often. I can get too hyper or too aspie off of a lot of sugar and i'm wondering. Does anyone else here have strange sencitivity quirks when it come's to sugar?:biker:

2. AstronomicFlyingCat

AstronomicFlyingCat Member

My mother has that; started after one of her pregnancies. For most of my life I never saw her eat anything with added sugar, but would eat things with artificial sweeteners like ice cream on rare occasions. Maybe 4-5 years ago though, she discovered she could eat fructose without issue and started using it fairly regularly. Within the last year or so, perhaps due to a tolerance brought on by the fructose, or perhaps for other reasons, she's found she can handle moderate amounts of natural things like honey and evaporated cane juice, and will even have little bits of things here and there made with less natural sugars.

3. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

i guess you can call it a sensitivity, i have it with eating all shitty food, msg makes me feel like shit and groggy i try to eat healthy, and stay away from foods that have been processed or handled with machinery as they retain the bad vibrations. i can feel it. gross