Anyone else ever drive a truck on here?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YankNBurn, Jan 22, 2009.

1. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

You know as much as the job can really be fucked its also a blast, fun free feeling!

I keep wanting to sneak up to CTI and get a set of keys and just go drive it around the parking lot just for old time sakes. I mean whats the worst they could do, I really never quit and they really never fired me or layed me off, I am sorta still on medical leave (well that was reason for not driving no more, my boo boo knee) SO maybe a good ass chewing. I know it would hurt like hell getting in and the clutch to start off with but it would feel so internally right. Diesel fuel is like perfume to the soul!

2. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

ive spent a lot of time in trucks and have driven one a short distance on the interstate once.

ive thought about doin it for a living but after living on the road for 7 yars when i was young and spending the last 21 years driving 1300 miles a week for work,driving 4000 miles a week and bein gone for a couple weeks at a time just dont sound all that much fun.

i guess im gettin old..

i have thought of doin the owner operator thing, semi retired later in life but thats kinda out the window now since i cashed out my retirement..lol
    aint never goin in debt again an trucks aint cheap..

3. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

$100k-$130k, just a drop in the bucket! :D

4. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

I graduated Command Vehicle Operator Training in 1984 and drove Cabover Jimmies between Seoul and Pusan for a year. It was nice, you cut the wire, back off the governor, run it up to 80, get in early so you had more time to party.

5. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I can't say I've ever driven anything on the forums. It seems somewhat unfathomable.

6. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

yeah but you know an i know the money dont come easy till ya been at it a while..

7. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

Jack drives several trucks, or truckuts as he prefers to call them.