Anyone else been locked out??

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Patchouli, May 14, 2004.

1. Patchouli

Patchouli Member

Hey guys!
    Has anyone else been locked out of their account lately? I got locked out the first time I tried to log on today. Apparently, someone is trying to figure out my password, and they (admin) sent an email with the IP address, which is not mine. Is this something that happens often? Should I be worried? I don't want any offensive posts popping up with my ID!

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

That's weird...it hasn't happened to me. I am by no means popular, however. :) No one wants to be me...

3. Patchouli

Patchouli Member

Oh, come on, honey! I'm sure you have your share of admirers!;)
    I just don't know why someone would single me out...oh well. I just don't want there to be some posts attacking other members...I like you guys too much!! I didn't know if someone just got a little tiffed that I had that name...weird stuff.

4. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

that is weird.... maybe you should abandon your account if it keeps up

5. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Change your password....were you Patchouli before the upgrade? I don't know what to do!

6. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Either someone is trying to access your account, or they think your account name belongs to them. If it is happening ALL THE TIME it can be followed up on if you have the IP address. For help on reporting abuse compliants by an IP address post in the Computers and the Internet Forum