Anyone care to elaborate..

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by Dandelion_Blood, May 8, 2004.

1. Dandelion_Blood

Dandelion_Blood Gremlin

Hey..:) i have heard dribs and drabs about Astrology anyone feel they can give me a little guided tour of it... i am inter ested to find out!

2. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

Get this book:

The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need

Good book, explains a lot and teaches you how to create a natal chart for anyone. :)

Very cool.

You can also go to http://www.astro.com for online chart info. Very cool site.

3. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

Yeah, that book is fantastic. My edition is big and purple.

4. Luvrgrl

Luvrgrl Member

Basically you have a sun sign, a moon sign, a mercury sign and a sign for every planet of our solar system, excluding earth. The three most important are your sun sign, your moon sign, and your ascendant, which is the sign that is occupying the first house of your natal chart, moving clockwise. Each planet rules a sign, and each sign rules a house, and they are all jumbled up and mixmatched to form your unique natal chart, or a detailed discription of the sky at the time of your birth, the location of your birth and the date of your birth. It's how the sky looked over your head when you were born. This "map of the sky" is theoried to affect your personality.That's astrology.

5. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

I've always been interested in Astrology, but I have never been able to understand horoscopes. I don't believe it is possible to predict a future for each person under the same star sign.

6. ichigo_fizz

ichigo_fizz Member

you should go to astro.com and astrologyunlimited.com, they're both very good for information too. ^_^

7. ~piscean]-[delusions

~piscean]-[delusions Member

I was always interested in astrology but didn't really start digging deeper until I met two of my best friends, within a 2 month period, over 10 years ago, who share the same birthday as myself, feb. 20th. We are all 2 years apart, 1975, 1977 and 1979, and Kurt Cobain was also feb.20th 1967. Although I didn't know Kurt personally, I can still see a lot of similarities, as I can in my friends... I often noticed us going through the same or very similar cycles at the same time, but could see the subtle differences which I attributed to our birthyears.
    The other big thing that made me pay more attention to astrology was when I looked back upon my past relationships. For me, gemini is a great deal of pain and pleasure, and I noticed that all of the relationships I had with gemini (at least 6 of them) all seemed like the same.
    Then I thought about two of my best relationships ever, which was with scorpio.
    I also noticed how the only people I can count on to do things as I would want them done are other pisces like myself.
    I could elaborate more, but I think I've made my point, which was? yea, something like that...
    so where are all the pisces ladies at is what I want to know.... pay me a visit at http://www.pisceandelusions.org, I'd like to chat.

8. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Some very basic astrology, in case you're interested.

Your best sign is the one opposite to yours, and the one you're least compadible with is the one that each precedes and follows your sign, if you were to put these in a circle. For example, the person most compadible with a Cancer is a Sagittarius, but least compadible with Geminis and Leos.

Aquarius January 21 - February 19
    Pisces February 20 - March 20

Aries March 21 - April 20
    Taurus April 21 - May 21
    Gemini May 22 - June 21
    Cancer June 22 - July 22
    Leo July 23 - August 22 - The Lion
    Virgo August 23 - September 23
    Libra September 24 - October 23
    Scorpio October 24 - November 21
    Sagittarius November 22 - December 21
    Capricorn December 22 - January 20