Anyone been through an MRI experience?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by jambo101, May 3, 2013.

1. odonII

odonII O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFpQiyBIj-4"]Mission Impossible Season 1 Episode: "The Ransom" - YouTube

2. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I have had them done before I am really claustrophobic they gave me some pills to take before but didn't help too much. I closed my eyes the whole time I was in there. I wasn't in there very long since they weren't able to get the images of my back. I felt like I couldn’t breathe and they were unable to give me headphones cause one of my shoulders is higher than the other one.

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There are some procedures I've had which they will never take me alive for again! They can knock me completely out but that's the only way on some of these...closed mri included.

4. AliceP77

AliceP77 Member

I've had one, and I'll be honest, it's not a pleasant experience. They gave me noise reduction headphones, but I could still hear the MRI. It sounded like two trains on either side of me. If you are claustrophobic, I would definitely recommend taking a little diazepam (if you can) to take the edge off. Otherwise, just grit your teeth and get it over and done with, it doesn't take long and it's extremely valuable as a diagnostic tool. Good Luck xx