anybody know where to get gd hippie clothing

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by hamish..., May 27, 2007.

1. Forget me not

Forget me not Member

Making clothes is a good idea. Not only do they look and feel more authentic but it's really good fun too! Tie dying your own T-shirts is so great on a hot day and it's well worth it. A good shop to buy from though is called Nomad. Type Nomad clothing into a search engine and you'll find it. It's all fairtrade but it costs quite a lot which is why I don't buy from there often.
    Peace and love to all.

2. hamish...

hamish... Member

aye man but buying your own band tshirts doesnt mean your fake. u dnt need 2 be a cheap ass to be yourself man. i like band tshirts like marley tees they look kick ass so i want some man. simple. and aye im gna try tie dying it sounds fun:)

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I have lots of band shirts, maybe a quarter of them purchased. The rest were thank you for being the merch chick.

4. valeria.m5.5

valeria.m5.5 Member

tree of life has good clothes, i got an awsome hoodie there for winter.
    I agree with the peeps who say making clothesis good, its true. I make alot of pants i just look up patterns on google, an awsome site with sum free instructions and clothing ideas is this one:
    http://www.angelfire.com/stars2/SunshinesCreations/clothingdemo.html
    I made 2 pairs of pants from that :)

I also like to make bags.

Charity clothes shops are great cause the money u pay to them will go towards people in need. They also have some pretty original stuff sometimes, which is always better than the chain store clothes hich are all litterally exactly the same.
    I friend of mine has this signature thing, where she gets coloured string and embroiders pretty flowers and words into her clothes, it looks awsome, but takes abit of practice.

good luck with everything

5. hamish...

hamish... Member

sounds good ta

6. Holy Ancient Megumi

Holy Ancient Megumi Member

dont forget u can also get hippy cloths from friends , i get cloths from friends and second hand stores , i also look for hippy cloths were ever i can and try to find them cheap , grage sales , flea markets , and also i wear my Boyfriends tees they may be old shirts but they fit the style i want , making them is good to my mom made me a hippy hat and well i have gotten some comments of how ppl rember thos days and smile :)