Anybody know what these are?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Solar surfer, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Solar surfer

Solar surfer Member

Just got a few Peruvian Torch cuttings and a couple of them have what I would call 'potato eyes' growing out of them. Pups, new roots?

2. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

That my friend, is a cactus clit.

3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

roots, looks like the cutting's are sending out roots, they are all on one side, correct?
    If so then that is the side that was facing down and gravity causes the cactus to send out roots in the direction the ground should be. Plant one of those baby's, then you may be able to grow and maintain your own supply. :)

4. Solar surfer

Solar surfer Member

Ah, thank you NG.
    Would like to grow my own, but the whether in the seattle area puts a big damper on that...well unless I want to invest in some heat lamps.

5. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

No way man. San Pedro var grows like a weed. You could pllant that and get some dark green. They like lots of shade and water to get nice and dark green alkaloid rich.

just cut the bottem and plant a foot longer in a 5 gallon plastic pot. Just keep it watered and it will grow. Those are the hardiest easiest growing plants. I grow hundreds everwhere.

Seattle no prob.