Anybody know anybody with this name

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by McKay420, Apr 10, 2019.

1. McKay420

McKay420 Members

This topic was removed at another forum which I will not name, but problem was that the moderator failed to see how it fit in with "drug culture". So I decided to come to Hip Forums to post my question. I was going to post this under "random thoughts" but since the name I'm referring to would be one inspired by psychedelic trips (or mathematics), I thought "psychedelics" might be more appropriate. Since it was a long-ish post, I will just copy and paste it below.

-‐--------------------------------------‐‐
    I was thinking the other day about names for if I ever have a kid. I have searched and searched all over the internet and name databases and could not find one instance of the name "Fractal". It sounded quite stupid at first but the more I think about it the more I like it. It seems somewhat unisex, but probably more on the feminine side, despite ending with a consonant. Fractals are some of the most beautiful images/visuals that exist, so I thought it might be somewhat common as a hippy/flower child era name. Names like these seem to be re-emerging. Anyone have thoughts on this or know of anyone named Fractal? I'm interested in it mostly as a first name but I'd consider it as a middle name also. I wouldn't want my child being made fun of for having a strange name such as "Apple" (cough...Gwenyth Paltrow).

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Good ole Fractal Jones

Sweet lil Fractal Lou

Yah, as far as unconventional names go, it's not bad.

Meliai likes this.
  3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Never met a Fractal but names like Owsley, Cassidy and Genesis I have. All names were inspired by songs from the hippie culture or the general psychedelic nature you are talking about.

If you are looking for a unique name go for it but many people with these sort of names end up miserable. Their parents are putting a "lot name" so to speak on kids who might have no plans to live the hippie lot life.

Personally I think Cassidy is a pretty name. I would pick something like that that is both a tribute to hippie culture yet "normal" not a far out name clearly referencing drug use.

quark likes this.
  4. McKay420

McKay420 Members

Genesis is nice. I feel like Fractal would at least be better than Lucifer which is apparently has been used. Not sure if my Google searches came up empty because there are no Fractals or if the search is just saturated with "name this fractal" results (such as "mandelbrot" or "mandlebulb" in mathematics). Maybe I'll just change my name to Fractal and call it a day lol. Probably never would but I would be interested to know if I was the first to think of it as a potential name. It's funny because this morning I began re-playing Super Paper Mario and the first major boss's name was Fractail (a dragon with a fractal-like structure). I wonder if my thoughts on the name Fractal subconsciously created a desire to play this game again even though I haven't played it in years...sorry I like go off on tangents but probably not unlike most people here haha. Fractals and now tangents! What's up with all this math talk, guys? Oh it's just me... I think I need to put down the bong and sleep...

Here's Fractail

200px-Fracktail.jpg

Driftrue and Irminsul like this.
  5. morrow

morrow Visitor

Just remember the child has to carry the name YOU like... weird names I think should be given as a middle name, you can call them anything from birth without making it a legal name.. a known as name, AKA...
    Doesn't sound feminine at all, no way, but could be a Male name given to a slave hundreds of years ago... might have heard it in an old series of which I cant remember.

kushkush likes this.
  6. McKay420

McKay420 Members

True that it would be better as a middle name. Seems as if it would roll off the tongue better. By feminine I meant the meaning behind it and the imagery it refers to, if that makes sense. The name/word itself does seem masculine.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You know, the kid is going to be called Frack... Right?

8. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Fucktail
    Fractass
    I fracked your mother

It has potential.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Lil' Frackie can be his street name

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I vote you legally change YOUR name to FRACTAL! IT IS what you should do. and be done with it.
    : )

12. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Yes that is some fractual information

13. kushkush

kushkush Here on loan...

The kid will hate you, but have at it, Ringtone.

14. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

name ur kid peacepipe420

morrow, Irminsul and kushkush like this.