Anybody keep their school lunch boxes

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by EricForman, Jul 30, 2019.

1. EricForman

EricForman Mellow Fellow & Jedi Knight

I have had a few. My favorite one was Star Wars. I also had Six Million Dollar Man and Charlie's Angels. If I remember correctly one was sold at a yard sale. One may have been lost during a move. I think I may still have one somewhere in the basement. Must look for it when I get some time. I can only imagine that they could be worth something these days.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

When I finished university for some reason my mum bought me a Thermos eski lunch box and a furnace. Like I'd graduated to go down into a mine or something. Lol. I still have it and use it. Not Thermos coffee warmer thing but the actual grey box I still use it would be over 10 years old now. I carry it to work and some people laugh at me. Like I'm that miner lol. But it holds everything I need for the day. It holds all my pain pills, my tens unit, UV shield, my lunch, my eye stuff and bits and pieces. :) maybe I'll take a photo of it.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

lol

4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

no, but my first lunchbox was thomas the tank engine

5. I crush those with my foot, years ago, then tossed them in the trash

6. I was too poor to be one of the kids with a fancy lunchbox. It was a brown paper sack for me.

GLENGLEN, Tyrsonswood and MeAgain like this.
  7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

8. I always wanted one, though. They sure are neat.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i know i had a lunchbox at one point, but i can't remember what it looked like (other than that it was a plastic rectangle, as most lunchboxes were at that time), or what happened to it. i started exclusively buying lunch from school pretty young, so i didn't use it for very long.

i also had a lunchbox/cooler sort of thing that i used during my first college summer job. i also don't remember what that looked like or what happened to it.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

upload_2019-7-31_23-26-11.png
    I had this one.. the only one I really remember.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there are so many things i was never able to hang on to over the years, especially with the many times we moved when i was in school,
    that whatever lunch boxes i may have had, just didn't even make the list of things i miss not having been able to hang on to.

i know they've become something people spend huge amounts of money on these days for the sake of their nostalgia.
    i don't even remember what was on any of mine. i just remember having them.

but most of the time not needing them for school. because all the schools had their own kitchens and provided lunch to all the students, faculty and staff, for free.
    that was in the 50s i was in grade school and the 60s i was in high school.

we didn't have (personal) computers yet, that was a science fiction dream that i looked forward to the day that we would, but school lunches and school buses were always free.
    of course if you missed the bus, then you actually did have to walk, and a mile or two or three was not at all unusual most of the places i lived in those years.

12. I'm no good at taking care of anything. I lose everything I purchase. I had this awesome pair of holographic Transformers earmuff from the 80s I found at Goodwill...smh

If I could have had a lunchbox, I would have chosen this one:

s-l640 (1).jpg

I saw it around school back in the day. I was a He-Man fanatic. I mostly just ate hot lunch, though. One time I was trying to be funny and went under the table and started untying everyone's shoes. They made me go sit by myself.

Orison likes this.
  13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Long since gone but not forgotten

[​IMG]