Any theories in physics you don't agree with?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by trevor johnson 5757, Mar 10, 2021.

1. trevor johnson 5757

trevor johnson 5757 Members

Are there any theories is physics that you guys disagree with? They don't have to be modern.

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The one that I sometimes question in mechanics is the accuracy of the rule that when a screw jack is less than 50% efficient, it cannot release the load when the effort is removed. However, this is not regarded as a law.

DrRainbow likes this.
  3. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The efficiency changes with scales and magnitudes. In general, the more humble something becomes, the more hollow, tiny, round, insignificant, the more efficient and the more random behavior. Its a contextual effect and depends on the humble efficiency and elegant complexity of the device, and the temperature and acceleration.

DrRainbow likes this.
  4. DiagonalZone

DiagonalZone Member

Well I guess the double slit particle test makes people think that god or the law of attraction is true, I think it’s not necessarily confirmed that it proves what some say it proves. I guess I don’t agree or disagree, I just think it’s mysterious and answerless right now , as far as I know ,,

5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

A simulation of a phase transition from quantum mechanical to classical concluded that the Big Bang was neither too hot nor too cold, but just right. Only two photons at a time can be in superposition in the double-slit experiment, implying that they represent the rudimentary symmetry of the Big Bang, explaining why they are 100% efficient at conveying any energy and information with perfect fidelity. In order to put more in superposition, would require the heat of something like the Big Bang or the Quark Soup that immediately followed it. Basically, the double-slit experiment is proof that everything, including Dark Energy and the Big Bang, expresses particle-wave duality, with scales and magnitudes exchanging identities.

We see photons acting differently using just one slit compared to two, because the arrow of time is an illusion. For example, at close to absolute zero, time can stop altogether for entangled particles in the Quantum Zeno Effect. Photons express negative probabilities, or time flowing backwards, because its a universal recursion in the principle of identity, and we inhabit a metaphorical universe, or what can be described as a paradoxical zero-sum game within a singularity.

DiagonalZone likes this.
  6. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I am waiting for physics to accommodate my experiences of teleportation .

DiagonalZone likes this.
  7. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

Forever then. You changed places and forgot to hit record! :-D

Next time, take physics with you. A quarter mil treat if you can and five grand finders fee for me! ;-D

List of prizes for evidence of the paranormal

8. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I am quite confident in my memory as I attended to it immediately and rationally . It's been enough thinking about it to
    believe the nature of space can be more expansively and satisfactorily defined through experiment . I have confidence
    in adventurous young scientists . I say to them teleportation exists .

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  9. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

Adventure!

But still, no matter their age, they'll need more than your say for your accommodation... Physicists are strange fish! The best of them sense space is endless, but they will insist on looking for the rent! :-D

10. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Yes , they will need more than I say > I'm just saying something more than you .

11. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

That teleportation exists? It does, but for the moment let's leave the physicists to discuss the variety. So, saying more than one another, a great game! I call it saying the best thing, after a woman I knew who called it so. Works best in person where the laughter carries the thing. Everyone says the best thing, and the suspense in the turn-taking leaves one near-bursting. I'm sure you know what I mean. Anyway, in the great tradition of the ever-approaching punch-line, I beg of you to regale us once again with your account involving the woods, and the fire, and was there someone else present? It's been years since I read and enjoyed it and I forget the details. Please excuse my seeming air de nonchalance. I mock you not. It is me! No mere rodomont, no mere dabbler in le esoterique, me, the one who said we don't have to die! :-D

(Disclaimer: Dejavu, doomed to his own species of dilettantism, may at times appear to be in the throes of a crisis of identity. He assures you it's really just a hero-sum game within an infinity.)

12. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Yes , there is the woods . And the fire is faerie like moonglow . I was human alone . I attempted to climb one hill yet went up another , had to circle round to find the first hill that would take me home . It wasn't far . Upon arrival at my camp a faerie spark appeared to my eye so to say yae ,
    this has happened .

I encourage the physicist . That's all . Have courage , you .
    Have a nice experiment ,

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  13. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

Thank you! A toast then, now, to the physical!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  14. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Yes . It is happening . An inspired exploration of Local Earth Space may well reveal a new
    energy source , a new dark energy fish to eat . It is here . Well , it appears to me the fish has
    the dark shape of 2 sine waves that originate at one points, separate then converge .

Tis blackness within the 2d geometry . And there is a slight shadow of light that frames this vision
    of their individual entity existence .
    The things just float freely about as a school of fish , yet apparently relative to Earth space gravity
    (they are here) . I saw 3 of the moving together .

It brought to my mind a perception of ultra-dimensional space.

.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021