Any Suggestions for an Essay Topic? HELP!

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by dollydagger, Apr 16, 2007.

1. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

ok, Ive got an essay in Anthropology, and I just would like some ideas from you guys......

In my essay, I am an anthropologist. I can select ANY topic about a specific culture or aspect of a culture, and research it.

I have some ideas: the use of Ganja in Rastafari as a sacrament, the Peyote "Cult" of Native Americans, or Intentional Communities (communes) of the United States.

Im having a hard time trying to decide.....this is what Ive come up with, but I am open to any suggestions!

2. Hippie_Jon

Hippie_Jon Noj

I'd help if i could but i hate hate hate writing essays. they are the bane of my existance.

sorry

JOn

3. sHIP of fools

sHIP of fools Member

Ganja!! smoke some while writing for some "hands-on" experience! Best of luck.

4. dollydagger

I hear ya, Jon......I bet I hate writing essays more than you do.......

5. rachaelc

rachaelc Member

Just because this is a topic that interests me personally: how about a paper on the evolution of consumerism in America

6. dollydagger

oooh....good one! But I could see it as a good topic for a paper in sociology or economics......but I'll think about that one......

7. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

My favorite: The rise of Wicca in response to the Pagans of the Roman and Greek era. How are they similar and different. Also, you may be able to work the ganja thing in if you discuss in your words "sacrament"

8. Hippie_Jon

Hippie_Jon Noj

well i don't know about that... [​IMG]
    actually i have to do one for thursday that i haven't given any thought whatsoever to. that'll be fun...

anyways Good Luck on your essay and sorry again that i'm no help.

JOn