Any Seattle folks here?

Discussion in 'Washington (State)' started by JohnThursday, May 9, 2004.

1. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Nearly everything in Western Washington is named after a Native American Tribe. Even Seattle is the name of a chief. There is Issaquah(city), Kitsap(county), Klickitat(county), Nisqually(river and glacier), Spokane, Yakima, Tacoma, Walla Walla, Wenatchee... the list goes on forever.

2. ansel1941

ansel1941 Member

Hey there ImmortalDissident.I was down there just yesterday. Next time I come through I'll roll down the window and yell hello.

Ansel

3. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

Yeah I noticed the name thing. There was another one that sounded really funny to me, Lilliwaup!

4. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Good luck! finding affordable housing in those areas, but I agree that Fremont is fun, fun, fun. I'm still bummed about Redhook closing there though.

I live in Graham, which is a little farther out than Puyallup, but lots more affordable.

And it's HOT today. I don't like it, I'm just a real Seattle person, though a transplant from Texas. I've had enough sun, give me the rainy, cloudy days anytime.

5. NewNoise

NewNoise Member

Well, in the winter it can rain quite a bit up here, but the summers are always nice. In fact, I've only seen it rain maybe once since summer started. We never get really heavy rain showers like they do in New York (which has more rainfall per year than we do). Overall, the weather is pretty moderate, although right now its like 90 degrees, which I can live without.

6. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Need... me... apartment. Unfortunately I don't even make enough right now for $500 rent.

7. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

Just postin to say hello and see how everyone is doing out there in different parts of Washington. Tacoma, yeah!! Thats where Im at...yeah if any of you are at all near Tacoma, or just passin through let me know. Im always down to meet some folks.

Tacoma is pretty sweet by the way, they are really building it up. New museums, restaraunts, parks, housing, and new clubs are opening all the time. Downtown is really cleaning up. Its fun to watch them clean the waterway. And The Grand Cinema is always playing independent films, and films that most larger theatres wont play. Cheaper too. And whats really cool, the first time the view a film, they always have a discussion about it afterwards. If you want to go. Comedy, drama, horror, they always discuss the film.

Also, Gig Harbor is a really cute little town. The bay is right there and all the boats and the beautiful weather, its just a fun chill spot. They have this awesome pottery cafe downtown, you can order some coffee or tea and paint ceramic pots or mugs and they fire it for you and everything. Its pretty sweet.

8. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

Hello hello! How are you doing lately?

9. bella

bella Member

I live in Bremerton and I am originally from Everett. I have lived in other states but keep coming back to WA, I love it here!

10. Coopdog

Coopdog Member

Make sure you check out Hempfest the third weekend of August. I moved out here twenty yrs ago, and I will never leave. This place has it all, the ocean and the mountains and the desert, all within a 90 minute drive :) Washington state will be my home for the rest of my life.

I get to Graham a lot, I have a good friend that lives right behind the AMPM there off of 224th. I work in Tacoma, and I love it downt here too. the Downtown area is really shaping up.

11. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

No fricking shit! I live on the first street off of Mathis behind the AM/PM there.

And you're right about downtown Tacoma - it's a fun place these days!

12. Coopdog

Coopdog Member

Hey, it's a small world ain't it? :) Just looked at your gallery, cool tats! Me and the wifey have too many dogs too, according to everyone else. I got two yorkies in the house, and a husky mix and a newfoundland lab mix out back. I'm sportin a black eye from the newfoundland this weekend, I was drinkin, and she knocked me down, bustin my eye in the process. Messed up my glasses too, but luckily the wife was able to put em back together for me. :)

Not sure what the name of the street my friend lives on is, but it's the first one behind the gas station there. Amazing how small the world is sometimes. :) Peace....