Any one like Nirvana??

Discussion in 'Music' started by ashleypiccone23, May 13, 2004.

1. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

I used to be in love with them, and they are still one of my all time favorite bands.

Some of my favorite songs include: Lounge Act, Drain You, Oh Me, Sappy, Rape Me, and the list goes on..

2. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Heart-shaped box, Pennyroyal Tea, Rape me, Do You Love Me

3. alkaline

alkaline Member

Nirvana is a fairly decent band ... but I find it unnecessary for people to get all defensive over them like they are some sort of musical prodigies...

4. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

I love Nirvana but think Kurt was a little bitch. He wanted everyone to hate him so he would have an excuse to end it all but we all loved him and he was a little prick. My favrotite songs, On a Plain, Rape me, Heart Shapped Box

5. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I've always loved Nirvana. Was listenin' to the 'Unplugged' CD today in fact. Hard to pick an actual favorite song though. 'Lithium', 'Dumb', 'The Man Who Sold The World', 'Heart-shaped box', 'On a Plain', 'Lake of Fire' and more.

6. Unkle_John

Unkle_John Member

not to sound picky, but Lake of Fire is a cover as well. It's a Meat Puppet's song.

but to the question asked, I like both Nirvana's

Kurt's grunge Nirvana
    &
    Alex Spyroulos' psychedelic Nirvana

7. Oklahoma

Oklahoma Member

How could I not like Nirvana? :D Anyways, my favorite is probably "Heart Shaped Box".

8. lovelyweapon

lovelyweapon Member

Jesus Doesn't Want Me For a Sunbeam is a cover, too. I love Nirvana but they covered a few Vaselines songs. :)

9. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Kiss mollys lips and The Man who sold the world.
    R.I.P Kurt Cobain :)

10. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

I do but I have to admit it's because of Nevermind. When I heard songs from that album I was hooked. I blame it on the small piss-poor crap-ass town I grew up in.

11. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I totally agree! I like Nirvana, but I never thought Kurt was that cool, and people always totally hate me when I say that. He was just a whiny little motherfucker! Not Jesus! The world didn't stop turning when he died, so obviously, he wasn't as important as everyone thinks he was.

12. dropacid_notbombs

dropacid_notbombs Member

Who doesnt like Nrivana, there 1 of the best bands of the 90s and maybe all time. What they did for rock in the 90s was incredible. I personally love Nirvana, but being only 15 i saw everything that was going on with them, i just never realized it till a few years ago and by then it was to late. Kinda like the 60s as well. But hey.. favourite songs: The Man Who Sold The World, Whered You Sleep Last Night, Smells Like Teen Spirit

13. greasytuesday

greasytuesday Member

Yeah, back in the day I used to be a Cobain-idolising Nirvana freak. I'd find it hard to pick a favorate song... but like someone said earlier, I prefer they're rare stuff mostly, Curmagedeon and I Hate My Self... are probably the two most outstanding I can think of. But I'd just like to add one of my favorate albums of all time in In Utero, the biggest mainstream album that sounds like a bands debut.

14. Beautiful_Day

Beautiful_Day Member

Dont really like them much at all...its not that i dont like grunge... well, actually it probably has got something to do with that fact :p tho i like some Pearl Jam stuff, and Neil Young (The so-called Godfather of grunge) ....but Nivana havnt really appealed to me, ever.

15. Happy_Go_Crazy

Happy_Go_Crazy Member

My favorite songs by Nirvana would have to be either Lithium or All Apologies.

16. MexicanFlowerChild

MexicanFlowerChild Member

my favorite song is rape me...and favorite album is unplugged...

17. pinkfloydwall

pinkfloydwall Member

My favorite song and video is "Heart Shaped Box" every time I hear it fells better and better

18. Vicar_in_a_Tutu

Vicar_in_a_Tutu Member

I love Nirvana, and my favourite song has always been Oh Me

19. Peace_Love_Empathy

Peace_Love_Empathy Member

I DO!!!hahahah!!:p..There only my FAVORITE BAND EVER!!!:p Teehe..

20. StonedAngel

StonedAngel Member

Nirvana is my all-time favorite band ever!!! "Smells like Teen Spirit" is probably my favorite, but i LOVE Dumb,rape me, and Something In The Way too. :)