Any One Here Suffer From A God Complex?

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Moonglow181, Sep 15, 2014.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

It's Rocky Racoon!​

http://youtu.be/0nrBy3qAuYI​

1 person likes this.
  2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I always thought that the argument against god was inspired by the perception of victimization by the idea of god, or a god complex from another angle of complexity.

3. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

Thought we were playing gnip gnop? Not my call at all. You put it out there.

thedope has a god complex, which in its basic form, is nothing more than a belief in god. You too, you fox-smashing genius. And don't forget Nox! A holey trinity. :-D If I am wrong about this, you must correct me! lol

Storch:
    Many of thedopes accusers, despite there being no solid evidence, believe this to be the true motive behind the crime:

[​IMG]

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

the how, why and what may be important, but the real issue is who, and when .. and that is YOU and NOW.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You're wrong, a belief in God is not a god complex.

6. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

How isn't it? Even if you think you yourself are not god in your belief, it's still you doing the believing.

7. thedope

Why the fuck did I buy a raccoon tail then? My understanding of god is not complex but utterly simple.

8. thedope

Actually you called for the answer.

9. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

Objection overruled. The prosecution does not contend you meant to torture the animal, and it's not as though it could appreciate the difference.

Some are saying as an alibi. Beats me. Not literally of course.

lol You said it. And here I was, expecting you to batter me with your dictionary.

No, You gave it in answer, I called for your meaning.

I've always found gods servants to be hiding something. Not that I suspect them of anything sinister necessarily! Holes in ones reason can be plugged! lol

10. thedope

Who is this prosecutor?

As though you had x-ray vision superman, I think it more visions of sugar plumbs.

11. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

Life. But it's a job it can never hold down. It's as prejudiced as it is impartial. As brilliant as it is dim. As beautiful as it is ug... agreeable.

The depths are not always sweet. 'God' is not all we invoke. You want to sit pretty, and why shouldn't your philosophy be a sheer convenience? Will love deny it to you?
    :-D

12. thedope

That would be your measure of life dear boy.

You think life has a bone to pick with me I think it your boner.

I didn't say god was all we invoke.

13. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

You said it's what we invoke. It may be argued ( how disagreeable! ) that one should speak for oneself or not at all.

What isn't a measure of life old man? Even your god comes limping to the fountain! lol

14. thedope

No my god doesn't come limping to the fountain. Creation is a law without opposite whipperuppersnapper, life is springing forth.
    You are correct I said god is that which we invoke. I did not say god is all we invoke but I did say self interest is all we invoke.

15. storch

storch banned

What is the difference between a martyr complex, a God complex, and a messiah complex?

16. thedope

No difference in degree of complexity.

17. storch

storch banned

To me, it seems that each of these complexes is but a different response/reaction to what is perceived. Each complex fills a particular need. And it's not just the three complexes we're talking about here; there's every shade in between. It's just that, at some point, the response becomes extreme enough to justify giving it a name.

18. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

Your god does come, whether hobbling or springing, dancing or dying, on the feet of your understanding. Self-interest as you say.
    But I say your self should come as yourself! Your god garment never fit you to begin with.

Your denial of the individual.

19. thedope

What god garment? We always come as ourselves or not at all. There is no singular self but the reality of all things.

20. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

The overcoat that you're wearing, thin.

Overlooking the superfluity of your or, you're beginning to row on your own there mate. The port you're heading for is your starboard!

No. There are countless singular selves. Your conflation of singularity with separateness is erroneous. For example, I've often seen you write "There is one mind." Whose thedope? :-D