Any North Carolina peeps out there ??

Discussion in 'North and South Carolina' started by hippietoad, May 8, 2004.

1. sirflex10

sirflex10 Member

I'm in Raleigh.... :( I'm not having fun yet.....me and my wife just moved here from Texas..someone save us please..haha

2. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

Hey there, how long have you been here? Where bouts in Raleigh are you? We are in North Raleigh, near the North Hills area. We moved down from Delaware about 2 months ago. We are having a little trouble finding fun ourselves (but I know it is here, they are just keeping it a secret). We have met one other couple, but that is about it. So, anyway, if you all want to get together for beers sometime, let me know and we could set it up.

Jen

3. Ryvr

Ryvr Member

yep yep. im in asheville. Rosetta's is great. Lot's o' good vegetarian food ... the pad thai rocks. lots of Dreads. I haven't been there in a few weeks. Should go again soon. A couple more months before the drum circles start up again. Been warm until the last couple of days and now I think we are all just sitting at home shivering. Brrrr.

4. toast

toast Member

Winston Salem/kernersville.

5. sunsoli

sunsoli Member

charlotte

6. T Swank88

T Swank88 Member

i'm from the obx

7. tattooedcre8tion

tattooedcre8tion Member

anyone around the asheville area?

8. granola_kid

granola_kid Member

Lake Norman area.......any like minded folk our way?

9. tattooedcre8tion

tattooedcre8tion Member

i am down in the hky pretty regularly

10. dmob12

dmob12 Member

I'm going to be moving to Lenoir, NC soon. I don't know anyone in NC and I am fairly apprehensive about the move.

11. tattooedcre8tion

tattooedcre8tion Member

well lenior isnt that great of a town but on the up side your only 30 mins from boone and hickory...there are a ton of rednecks there

12. dmob12

dmob12 Member

What exactly do you mean by isn't that great? Do you mean like walk down the street and get stabbed or boring as hell?

13. tattooedcre8tion

tattooedcre8tion Member

i mean boring as hell... definately in the buckle of the bible belt...unless you have your mind set on the area i would look around asheville...its a pretty happening town...already this year i have seen bassnector, glitch mob, wide spread is coming and so on....i really have never heard of any live music in lenior but maybe some country bands play who knows...

14. dmob12

dmob12 Member

Damn... I don't really have much of a choice in the location. Hopefully there's at least some good exploring.

15. tattooedcre8tion

tattooedcre8tion Member

oh yeah there is...check out wilsons creek its fun to play in and tube down...and the areas around boone...keep in touch i'm down there often

16. dmob12

dmob12 Member

Cool, thanks for the info. :)

17. free2fly

free2fly Members

In January we moved not too far from there (granite falls). I havent explored much of Lenoir but it seems ok. Probably not much excitement. If you like shopping and need to get out, check out Hickory. Alot of stores and a decent sized mall. Definitely check out Boone if you get a chance, and Blowing Rock has some beautiful views. Hiddenite area has gem mining. Luckily Lenoir is not too far from everything. And Asheville is a little over an hour away.

18. tattooedcre8tion

tattooedcre8tion Member

thats cool my best friend lives in granite..but i stay up the mnt...i am in gf pretty often tho

19. iloveweddmorethanair

iloveweddmorethanair Guest

I'm going to be in the Outer Banks for the week and I really need to find some bud. My family and I vacation here every year and I love it. Smoking on the beach here at night beats smoking at home- there's no stars near Chicago. Anyways, I've always brought a quarter ounce and that worked fine for a few years except we're vacationing with friends this time and I had to share....instead of it lasting a week, i blew through 7.3 grams in about 2 days. Does anybody have any tips for finding some near Kitsy's Point?

20. T Swank88

T Swank88 Member

From the obx here, whatupppppppp