Any North Carolina peeps out there ??

Discussion in 'North and South Carolina' started by hippietoad, May 8, 2004.

1. granola_kid

granola_kid Member

hey Ya'll....

Me and the familia are newbies to NC...Mooresville....any friendlies in these parts?

As of so far, everyone looks at my wife like she's some kinda space alien(with the dreadies and all).

some kind family would be great to hang with....
    We'll talk again later.

2. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

^heyy
    so where did you move from?

3. granola_kid

granola_kid Member

we came from New Jersey.........it sure is alot different here than there. but we're gettin' used to it.

but the scene doesn't seem to exist in mooresville........hopefully some hippies will appear soon.

4. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Welcome to the Carolina's,
    I don't know much about Mooresville. It's near Charlotte right?
    I'm in Wallace which is outside of Wilmington<--there's a small
    bit of a scene there.

5. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Hippietoad wabes at the bunch of tarheels on the board :)

6. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

Hi all,
    I'm in Delaware for now, but it appears that my boyfriend and his family are dragging me down the coast with them (not that I object too much!). While I'm ready for a change in scenary I'm scared that the people aren't very phriendly down there. I've heard too many Yankee stories I suppose. Any advice for me?

Oh yeah I could also use some advice on transferring colleges to down there too, if anyone can help me out that would be so appreciated. I've been searching on the net for a week and I'm going crazy. Thanks!

7. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Hey Cutelildeadbear,
    I was born and raised in the south..over all we're a friendly lot.Where we live is a very tourist oriented area. Mostly people from Ohio,New Jersey, New York visit here. To maybe shed some light on what the Northerners have stated about their travels here goes. Southerners for the most part are a laid back group. Guess you have to be when it's so dang hot most of the year :) Come June we are bombarded with mostly Northerner's who leave their manners and respect at home. More than once because of my southern accent I have been treated like a complete idiot. They come here for solitude and expect it to be just like at home. They are curt and rude for the most part and no patience. This is not saying everyone just a big majority of them. We feel like we are some kind of circus act that is starred at. A lot of out of staters have bought cottages here. They think we are so "quaint". The first thing they do is try to change us to be like the area they came from. They want all the conveniences of home. What at one time was a beautiful quiet village is now a commerical noisey tourfest. Don't get me wrong, I do welcome those who come here to learn our heritage and way of life. Those who respect it. And that is what I hardly see is respect.
    So when those friends tell you about southerners who are legendary for their southern hospitality ask them what mindset they had when they walked out the door.

8. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

Why thank ya kindly toad for the info ;) We don't want anything to do with tourists, we have enough of those here at our beaches. Coming from NY and NJ crappin up our beaches and cloggin up our highways. And trust me they don't leave their manners at home, they never had any to begin with. They think that they are better than everyone sweetie it isn't just you down there. Trust me.

Jen

9. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Glad it isn't just me :)
    Hippietoad

10. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

11. boonegirrlly

boonegirrlly Member

Boone here!

12. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Usually I take the beach road in the summer. Know it's slow but just hate all those cars on the bypass. Did you notice they are building an Applebee's in NH ? Dang I miss when I was growing up. I'm not really a city person. Have pondered going back to Hatteras. Who knows.

13. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Where'd all the NC peeps go ?

14. GreenButterflyDaisy

GreenButterflyDaisy Desi

Well I'm here!
    I live in Walkertown (right outside of winston-salem) but I hope to be going to boone very soon (my boyfriend used to be there)

and now that I mention it I was wondering..what are the best places around nc to go camping? What are some great places to see some live music (like festivals and stuff this summer?)

Just looking for some fun in the next few months...

I have spent a lot of time in my room these pat..well all of high school so I wanna get out and enjoy it now lol

Please gimme some ideas

:D

15. boonegirrlly

boonegirrlly Member

As far as camping is concerned, there's a ton of places to go. When you get here, find some of the locals up the road in Avery Co. They'll point you in the right direction. There's camping off the parkway, but if you want to get out into the woods, stop by the Park Ranger office, and they'll give ya' a pass for back country camping. The place I use to camp is absolutely beautiful. You camp right beside the creek, have to hike in though. Music Festivals are plentiful too. Smilefest, which use to be in my backyard back home, is now being hosted at Deerfields, which is towards Asheville. It's Mem. Day wkend. Merlefest, is in Wilkesboro, down the mt. from Boonetown, at the end of April. Floyd Fest is in VA. Look on Jambase...they have a calendar of kick arss bands that play. Check out the Orange Peel in Asheville too.

16. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

I'm on the Outer Banks so don't really know much about the camping inland. Here we have several really awesome National Park Campgrounds. Only thing is you have to be able to survivie the summer heat and mosquitos !

17. paradigm

paradigm Member

Has anyone from NC gotten busted for simple posession? If so, what happened to you.

18. fulmah

fulmah Chaser of Muses

Everyone I know that has shelled out about $500 for an attorney and gotten the charge gone. If it's a first offense, don't bother, take your community service and be more careful next time ;)

19. paradigm

paradigm Member

Thanks. I'm paying 450 for a lawyer, and he seems to think that it will be unsupervised probation. This means that i can still travel and leave the state!

20. OceanLily

OceanLily Member

my hubby and I will be in Outerbanks, (Frisco Island) this July...

we both r originally from NC but we live in SC now...