Any North Carolina peeps out there ??

Discussion in 'North and South Carolina' started by hippietoad, May 8, 2004.

1. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

wold love ta take ya on a road trip happy, we can go tubing in the lil river up there and gamble a little :) maybe we can win some money!!

2. paradigm

paradigm Member

Hey all.

My name on the previous version of the forums was cheesepanic.

I am located inland from the Outer Banks a little ways. Hoping to get out west to the mountains of NC to settle and go to school. A gathering before the Dead show sounds like a great idea. Are you going to be there super early to party?

Hope to see you all around the forums.

3. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Hey ya Cheezieeeeeeeeee :D So good to see you !!

4. paradigm

paradigm Member

hey toadie! :) Good to see you back on here as well.

How are things with you?

5. MoonlightSilver

MoonlightSilver Member

I was born in Charlotte, but I now live in Birmingham, Alabama. I love visiting NC!

6. Old Fart

Old Fart Member

Another Banker here. Was COF at the old site (which stood for Crazy Old fart but I have since dropped the crazy in my quest to become respectable).

7. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Wooooo hoooooooo hey ol fart. So where ya be out here on de banks ? I'm in Nags Head.

8. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Oh I'm just peachy. Broke a few toes in a pool skimmer but I shall survive :p

9. Old Fart

Old Fart Member

I'm back in Colington Harbour watching the price of houses double every other day. Now on summer time which means there is no more eating out unless I want to wait in line for two hours.

10. ohjinn

ohjinn Member

hey, i'm an outer banks girl! nags head. is it me or did the season seem to start early this year? i work at a hotel and we've been booked solid almost every day for a month and a half. and 158 is a complete death-trap. please guys, please drive carefully!

11. paradigm

paradigm Member

Intended mostly for the OBXers and Hampton Roads ppl:

Is anyone heading up to the moe. show at the Norva on the 8th? I cannot wait to see moe. again as they are great live.

12. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

No, wish I was though ;)

13. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

hey ya jinn and cof,
    Each year it does seem to be getting earlier and earlier and later and later.
    Glad I'm not it KDH anymore. We moved to NH and are almost to Whalebone.
    Right past the village. Kinda scarey this summer though... both my teens are now driving !! Anyways, hope to see ya'll around. We hang at Mulligan's quite a bit.
    Laterz.

14. mamaluv

mamaluv Member

im in burlington,near g-boro, i dont post alot but theres more n. cacs here than i thought. anyone wanna chat w/ me, im bored aim me at phreedomdancer

15. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Never been to Burlington, whatz it like ?

16. mamaluv

mamaluv Member

its growing, but theresstill nothin to do, theres alot better places to be, but its close to alot of stuff so thats ok

17. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

My son is camping w/ some friends in Myrtle Beach this past weekend. He says it's awesome there. Only problem the surf was flat. Anyways, lots of palms and just gorgous beaches. Think I want to head there !!

18. sagebus

sagebus Member

Hey Now all you fine folks out on the banks,sagebus here,kypearl is my former name.Wondering if a person might find work as food server in OBX?Have many years work experience and V.W camper bus.Looking for work and place to shower and park the bus,any thoughts?Thanks everyone...Mark

19. Old Fart

Old Fart Member

Plenty of work. So much work that we have to import people from Russia to fill the vacant positions. Good luck finding a place to stay though as we are filled up with tourists. If your just looking for a place to park the bus then you might not have too much trouble.

20. Old Fart

Old Fart Member

You poor man!! Geez I got 2 years left before my oldiest gets to waylay me for the truck keys. His first vehicle will be my tired old 88 Suburban with authenic Outer Banks rust and non-locking doors (no radio or A/C either). At 8 mpg I figure he won't go too far or too fast.