Any Good Recipes For Parsley Bread?

Discussion in 'Bread' started by Jimbee68, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I actually am kind of a history buff, when it comes to recipes.

And true story, some time back, I had this dream about parsley bread and the Middle Ages. And I was surprised to learn, the recipe does actually go that far back. I don't know, maybe I learned that once and forgot, hence the dream.

As I said, I am kind of a history buff. I know of the modern recipes for parsley bread (beer bread being one notable example). But I am looking for a recipe that is a little older than that. And very unique too.

Anyone think they can help me?

:chef: :chef: :chef:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Myra Lien

Myra Lien Members

I am not much aware about this, Sorry.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Parsley, that's what Jamie Oliver eats. Jamie Oliver thinks you don't need salt, just sprinkle some parsley over it. Oh yeah right Jamie. I'll just go to the football match on the weekend and order some chips but say no salt for me thanks, just sprinkle a bit of parsley over them. No way I'm coming out of the stadium without a black eye.

And what the hell is with that guy all over our damn TV commercials. Advertisement for Woolworth promoting healthy eating, every kid gets a free apple. Yeah right Jamie, that'll have them lining up out the door. Would have every child screaming hey dad let's go out to Woolworth so I can get my free apple. How about a kitkat, that'll have em through the doors.

And as a matter of fact, I've been getting free fruit from the supermarket for 30 years, it's my consumer right! Walking up and down the isles with a bag of grapes, walk out past security and hand them that empty bag. "nothing for me today thanks, but damn, the grapes looked nice".

:p

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I would simply experiment by adding chopped parsley to the dough. The number of herbs and spices added to bread seems to be ever increasing, so you will just be creating your own variation. I would strongly advise you to use fresh chopped parsley, which tastes 10 times better than the dried variety. I would also start with a fairly small quantity since the taste needs to balance with the natural taste of the bread without overpowering it.

5. Jamie Matos

Jamie Matos Members

I am not a very good cook. So, I cannot help you much in this. I usually refer the guide régime for finding new recipes. A guide régime is available on Cellublue that has many recipes for lunch, dinner and breakfast. I am sure that you will find the recipe in this diet guide. If you want, you can check for extra resources on the web to find the recipe.