any communes left??

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Alainn_Seona, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Alainn_Seona

Alainn_Seona Member

If I wanted to go live in a commune, like the kind that became popular in the 60's, where would I go? There is a list of communes in Steal This Book but I'm not sure how many of them exist anymore.

2. brax

brax Member

There are still lots of communes around. Many of them are listed here.
    http://www.ic.org/ You will need to be of consenting adult age, or show legal emancipation, or take your parents or guardians with you.

3. raz5

raz5 زینب

that would be cool to live in one, but i like to be alone sometimes and they're like one big family

4. brax

brax Member

There are all different types, there are some where everybody has their own housing. In most you can have your own room.

5. raz5

raz5 زینب

yeah i saw ones where they were townhouses with families and stuff but i think i'd settle with a house with a lot of land i dig that stuff but the community is great in communes

6. brax

brax Member

yea a good sense of community adds a lot to life.

7. King Arthur

King Arthur Member

I would love to live in a commune myself.

8. tculi

tculi Senior Member

there are plenty still around. especially in the western half of the us. like oregon, washington, cailifornia, colorado. also, you could WWOOF. Which is living on an organic farm in exchange for food and a place to stay.
    http://www.wwoof.org/
    ive been looking into this stuff myself for a while. im not looking to settle down anywhere for a long time, but ill be in and out. I just want to experience evvverrryyythiingggggggg