Any barefoot traveler / backpacker out there?

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Surya, May 12, 2004.

1. Surya

Surya Member

2. sonik

sonik Member

Thats pretty hardcore man.

I'm an avid Backpacker myself but I just cant see troopin through snow, Ice, and pointy rocks to be much fun without some shoes on mahfeets!

Plus I really like the ankle support a good pair of boots provides.

How often do you stub your toe?

:cool:

3. iamwhatiam

iamwhatiam Banned

Hey, Nice Post man!!
    You are in India.. how cool is that...I can't wait to go! Maybe in a year or two .... I bet you meet many people there who have barefooted it their entire lives, huh? nice....

I'm hitchin' cross country...... Tomorrow! I'm excited and nervous..... I'm goin the whole trip barefoot. I am taking a pair of lightweight shoes with me however, for when I need them hopping on and off trains (don't want to step on any rusted nails in the railyards) but that's the only time I plan on wearin em.

happy travelings !

4. Rugged_Soles

Rugged_Soles Member

Hi Folks, road trips are cool when you can leave the shoes behind and drive off on a barefoot adventure. Exploring different areas of the country and getting the real feel of a new place. I've stopped at places all over the USA plus eastern Canada. Hiking barefoot is wonderful and a great way to meet new people. I've had many folks start up a conversation in awe of my hiking style with coments like, "dude that looks daring" or "that's the way to do it". If they seem to be nice I'll explain what a great feeling it is to be barefoot out in nature. Archie

Surya- do you have any good stories or photos of your travels. You've been to some amazing places, can you share with us on the forums?
    IamwhatI- Hope you'll update us on your travels hitchhiking around the country be safe!
    sonik- some snow is fun as long as you're not risking frostbite. ankle support is only required because of the twisting caused by boot soles, natural free soles flex and put less stress on your knees and ankles. just try it and you'll see for yourself. who knows you may discover what fun it is to be barefoot!

5. Surya

Surya Member

6. Rugged_Soles

Rugged_Soles Member

I'll be off on a cross country trip for a couple weeks starting tomorrow(5/20) I'm hoping to keep my shoes deep in my luggage for the whole trip. When I get back I'll let the forum know how it goes. Anyone else have any travel stories where you got the real feel of places you've visited.

7. sonik

sonik Member

You guys ever step in feces?

:eek: