Any Advice please on being gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by Hotbutlonely, Apr 3, 2007.

1. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Okay, I'm sorry and I would like to help you and make you feel more at home. Amp7325 is right - I did kinda get off topic.

About what you said about 'gay guys being cautious around good looking guys'; I dont want to get off on this whole thing again, but just because someone looks like they're from Days of Our Lives, it does not mean that EVERYONE will find that person attractive. You cant say that people will be awkward around an attractive person, because that person will not be attractive to everyone. That isnt your problem. Maybe we can help?

2. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

THERE IS NO SUCH FUCKING THING AS A HOT GUY!

NO ONE in the world can be found attractive by everyone else! Okay? I find fat dudes 'hot'. You speak of yourself as a skinny dude, which I find fucking unattractive as hell. Therefore, you are not hot in my eyes. Lots of other guys might find you good looking, but saying that someone is hot, is like saying that EVERYONE in the world shares your little opinion on some tiny, unimportant matter. OH MY GOD! HARRY POTTER IS LIKE, TEH BEST BOOK EVER!!!" Nooooooooooooooooooooo! That is what you think and saying it as a statement is annoying.

Jesus, now can we PLEASE stop this crap, its getting really annoying. I'm sorry okay? So we misjudged you, but now lets just move on! What problems do you have? Okay, so you get rejected by other gay dudes. It probably happens because most gay people aren't into other people that groom themselves a whole lot and wear tight clothes. It's fine to wear that, but maybe you are looking in the wrong place. I think you might come across as being stereotypically gay through your clothing, which many find a turn-off because it just fuels to homophobia and seems insincere.

We will talk to you now, but can we drop the whole "hot" thing!?

3. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Andy if someone wants to describe themselves as a 'hot guy' they have every right to do so, if it annoys you so much, simply stay out of their way and stop posting on their threads, no one is forcing you to read it
    S

4. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Ugh fine. This thread is retarded anyway. Sure he has the right to call himself hot but he comes across as a freaking jackass while doing so. Let me guess now...Mr HotButLonely is going to quote what I've just written here and then say "no you're a freaking jackass blah blah blah"

Just leave it.

5. amp7325

amp7325 Visitor

The "flamboyantly gay" thing was just what I gathered from what you said. You said well dressed, well groomed, etc. and that led me to believe in the flamboyant part. I was wrong. I'm sorry. Happy?

Of course it's prejudice to reject someone you don't know. Then the answer is this: a lot of people are prejudiced and judgemental, and they don't know it. It's the sad truth. I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say that I don't sometimes judge and stereotype.

How about this advice: You say that when people see you, it's when you go out at night and are dressed up and whatnot? Maybe try going out and not dressing up as much. People might get a better picture of who you are that way.

6. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Holy shit, this guy is after us all. Were all apologising to him for such stupid things. I think Amp7325 makes a good point - try going out just dressed normally and see how people treat you. I'm sure you will meet someone nice :) Just be sincere.

7. Samhain

I haven't seen any evidence at all that he is after you, try and let things drop, the content of threads doesn't always revolue around you
    S

8. Hotbutlonely

Hotbutlonely Member

interesting suggestions.
    but you can also consider that when people go out to dance clubs they are dressed up. That makes sense doesn't it :D

9. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

and you dont think that your own inability to ignore comments from people in thist hread falls under this description as well? the folks involved apologized, thats the best they can do over the internet. the gay forum has unfortunately had a past of getting a lot of "IM so teh hottest man EVER give me all your emails and I will send you pictures of my cockosaurus!" its not near as bad now as it it has been quite a while ago, but i think a lot of folks remember that time (or maybe i was just visiting during a bad month, who knows)

anyways. what about dating sitse? tahts where ive met most of my (now ex) partners, plentyoffish and okcupid are two decent ones i fyou felt like sarching for some

10. Hotbutlonely

Hotbutlonely Member

What are some good dating SITES?

11. amp7325

amp7325 Visitor

I've heard that www.xy.com is a good site. I have yet to make an account there though.

12. Loveminx

Loveminx Sports Racer

This is you picking on me. I didn't call you names straight out, I said that's what you seem like. You're just callign me names and you don't know anything about me. That's rude.
    Seducing someone with love is making them love you(in a friend form mostly) by loving them...

I'm not lecturing. I just said my opinion and what you made it seem like.
    I already said I'm sorry and that I'm prob mistaken so I'm not going to continue this. I'm not hateful or anything towards you...I was giving you feedback and explaining my views...I'm sorry this bothers you but I do get to have my opinion.

Love you, chill out, peace out ^_^

13. Samhain

sorry folks posting links to dating sites is classed as spam
    S