Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by portishead, Jan 1, 2005.

1. portishead

portishead Member

Lately, I've felt very uncomfortable.

I sleep very little and my rythm is very unstable, and at night, I don't feel like sleeping. I feel it is uncomfortable going to bed. I feel just living is uncomfortable because I have this feeling that I am running away from something is chasing me recentlessly.

I've felt this especially today, but it is almost never ending. I have it in the back of my mind almost all the time, especially when I'm alone, and my nerves are like almost if I was in a combat situation.

I thought that I might feel this especially today because I was drinking yesterday, but it is like this even if I don't drink (which I rarely do).

I've also had this guilt trip. I feel guilty almost for everything.

Is this some sort of disorder?

It's driving me nuts.

Help? :(

2. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

I wish I could help you, but I also have the same issues and I'm not so sure of them myself. Although I do know that I often have anxiety attack quite often (I tend to psyche myself out a lot)...

3. sugar_mag321

sugar_mag321 Member

it sounds like a litle bit of depression/anxiety to me. i suffer from both and i know how uncomfortable life can be. just know that you arent crazy, many people suffer from feelings like that....eating right will really help how you feel. i know its hard, i struggle with eating healthy very much. but also exercise and hobbies will help keep you busy and healthy. good luck!

4. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

talk to someone like a close firend about it try and get some stuff off your mind and talk to your doctor i have anxity dissorder and talking to someone realy help i ahvent had a panic attack in about 2 months

5. ophelia68977

ophelia68977 Member

Mention this to your doctor, he/she can give you something like Zoloft or another anti-anxiety/depressant. They work well, I'm on Zoloft myself- and trust me, you will feel better. Most likely the feelings are a chemical imbalance, so it's nothing that's your own fault that is making you feel guilty.

The feelings of paranoia could also be indicative of skitzophrenia. Have you been having any hallucinations? If you've been doing a lot of drugs lately, that could cause the feelings too. Definitely see your doctor.

6. ODESSAWEST

ODESSAWEST Member

I have the same issues as well and instead of taking a family members zanex i sometimes take gaba herbs that i got a whole foods the bottle says that it promotes a calm mood, it helps me sleep and prevents a full blown panic attack and it works pretty quick i could explain how it works but if you google it i'm sure it will explain it for you

7. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

Yeah, go get some meds. Klonopin (an anxiety med) has worked wonders for me. And if you're having insomnia, ask for Ambien. It's the best sleep aid in the world!

8. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

i personaly think pills are a easy way out of a problem but some people do need them i say if you dont realy need them badly dont use them

9. DizzyDew

DizzyDew Member

Your not alone. I used to have the problem of getting a good sleeping pattern. Id lie in bed for hours with my mind racing, feeling anxious. Just thinking of shit I should have done or feeling bad about shit I should have done differently that day or things I need to get done. I'd get shit for sleep, and live on caffiene to stay alert all day. Something that has helped me out recently is just doing some simple breathing, relaxation excercises to do when you go to bed or whenever for that matter. It helps me calm down and slows down my thoughts so I get get some zzz's. Theirs also some great music you can get to help you relax. Athother thing you might want to try is hypnosis. I just got a self-hypnosis CD and it has done miracles, not only for my anxiety but for other things too. I agree with deadonceagain. Ive taken the pill route before and it just turned into a vicous cycle. Try something natural first. Good luck!
    Peace

10. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

i am a former sufferer of these symptoms that you are describing. i am now anxiety free for the most part, and the best advice i can give you is to not lose hope. time heals all wounds. also, prayer really worked miracles for me.

11. solar_eclipse

solar_eclipse Member

Whatever you do, please don't rely soley on medications. They can act as an aid, but if you don't put in the work - ie councelling, routine, exercise, you are less likely to feel results and more likely to be put on a higher, more damaging dose.