Anxiety....

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by loveslovely, Jan 15, 2021.

1. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

i have a question how do you deal having anxiety i have it and its hard to handle sometimes i dont have it everyday but when im overwhelmed with alot of things on my mind it can be on a 8 i try not to let it get to me but it be can hard at times is there any ways to handle anxiety more better

2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Sorry that you're going through this.

These links might be helpful
    Alternative Treatments for Physical and Mental Illness
    Self-Treatment Methods for Physical and Mental Health

There are also conventional treatments, like cognitive behavioral therapy. There's some evidence that learning cognitive behavioral therapy on your own can be helpful.

There are drugs that can help reduce anxiety, but they are very addictive, and so they're not a good long-term solution.

If there's a root cause of your anxiety, addressing that may be one of the best things you can do to treat it.

Some people also have emotional support animals to help them deal with anxiety, but there may be limitations on bringing ESA's to many public places.

randomdude1983 likes this.
  3. trevor johnson 5757

trevor johnson 5757 Members

Share what is causing you anxiety with someone else. Talking about with someone who can relate and not just a doctor will heighten your mood.

randomdude1983 and loveslovely like this.
  4. Drager1

Drager1 Members

Definitely talk to someone,, it helps alot.

5. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Exercise worked the best for me.

No one told me this I discovered by accident that when I went to the gym before those AA meetings the level of anxiety when I spoke to a room full of people was much less.

Something with that exercise buzz shorts out the anxiety mechanisms. Or lack of exercise creates them.

I also noticed when I quit going to the gym for over a week my level of general anxiety started to rise.

Its not all about anxious thoughts and stopping them, to me its about prevention the bodies unpleasant reaction to them.

On the thinking side I have never found a better article on combatting anxiety then this one Core Beliefs | How to Change Your Core Beliefs | Is It Possible?

randomdude1983 and loveslovely like this.
  6. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

thank you so much for that i appreciate it

newbie-one likes this.
  7. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

i do i go to a therapist

Drager1 likes this.
  8. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

yes i agree with that my anxiety didn't act up till last month

9. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

yes i agree to that and ima try that out thank you

10. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I outgrew it, and you may also. I'm not kidding. As life goes on, our body of experiences continues to build, while our sense of taste, the sensitivity of our hearing, and many feelings like anxiety simply grow more dull and less pressing.

Social anxiety disorders, for example, are extremely common in teenagers, and actually fairly rare among people in their 30s.

I'm not suggesting that you ignore possible treatments, simply offering hope of a better long-term future even without a near-term breakthrough.

11. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I have PTSD anxiety. After exhausting all available resources over the years. I found that marijuana helps me suppress it as well as talking. I'm not saying it'll work for you as everyone is different. Right now. It's at bay as I've been avoiding certain situations and triggers. If I get careless. It'll come at full force.

loveslovely likes this.
  12. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

aww im sorry you go through that anxiety is hard to deal with it at times i too have my triggers too and i used to have edibles but it made my anxiety more worser so im tryna figure out ways to calm mines down a therapist help but sometimes it dont for me

13. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

i been having anxiety for 5 years now i see a therapist for it so i try not to let anythin make me overwhelmed or overthinking for that trigger to happen its hard at times to deal with

14. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

It's all good. It's been a battle since I was a teenager. It's much better now then before. I have experimented with different strains. I found that the indica strain is better. I have done edibles. It made me feel the same way it did to you.

loveslovely likes this.
  15. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

i know exactly how it feels i try my best to control my anxiety when i was younger as im older now i learned to control my anxiety a little more better now and yes it helps sometimes but i dont know what new ones to try out

16. Tman58

Tman58 Senior Member

Exercise is a great help. I suffered from anxiety and panic attacks mostly in my 30's. I was prescibed Ativan and Diazipam back then, but I was afraid of the side affects. So I stayed away from them. Turns out that they may cause long-term memory loss.

Exercise! and keep busy.

loveslovely likes this.
  17. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Experiment with different kinds. Talk to your doctor 1st who specializes in it. He or she will help guide you.

loveslovely likes this.
  18. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

thank you so much i appreciate it ❤️

19. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

i will try and do that i think it will helps me along the way thank you for the suggestion ❤️

20. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Sorry that you're going through this
    How long has it been at bay? I'm skeptical that marijuana will work as a long-term treatment for anxiety. My experience, and what I know about the experience of others is that in the long-term, it's going to make anxiety worse.

@loveslovely, I'd recommend avoiding marijuana as a treatment method, unless you can find a credible scientific study that indicates that it's a good long-term treatment for anxiety.

Just as an example, benzos work great in the short term for treating anxiety, but in the long term they're a disaster.