antidepressants?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by stranger, Jan 23, 2005.

1. stranger

stranger Member

who heres on em? for being depressed, anxiety, panic attacks or what? what are you on, and what do you think about it???

2. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I've known 3 people on 'em and they all got dependant on them

3. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Count me in... for depression and anxiety both - whoohoo for double diagnosis! I'm on effexor, and aside from the sexual side effects, it's been great. It's definitely worked and I'm in the process of being weaned off, while still doing the counselling thing. Feel free to PM if you wanna talk about it, I'm pretty open about most things. :)

4. Mui

Mui Senior Member

im on prozac... not really depressed anymore... but i love the drug like i love pot..
    :D

5. prism

prism :o

That shit really fucked me up.

6. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I'm on Zoloft for depression and anxiety. I don't feel any weird effects from it. I just don't get depressed or suffer anxiety as often or as bad. Zoloft corrects a chemical imbalance in the brain that causes my problems.

7. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i am on lexapro for depression and anxiety (panic attacks and general)... im taking 20 mgs. right now and have been for a bit... but im soon gonna start taking 10 and see how i feel...

8. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I love the bouncing head in the Zoloft commercials

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I would never take meds for depression, let alone most other things that don't place my life in immediate jeopardy. There are natural remedies which are much more safe and less expensive. And they work better.

10. interval_illusion

for most people. but when you are in a depression for four years that natural remedies dont pick up... well then...

they are usefull sometimes but over-prescribed. that is obvious.

11. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I think 60% of those pills effectiveness are derived from thier placebo like nature.

12. Pressed_Rat

People who always look for the pharmaceutical route around there mental quirks anger me, because most of them are uninformed.

I am not going to preach, though, because people are responsible for themselves and their actions. All I will say is that I certainly would not want to be a pawn of the globalist-owned pharmaceutical industry, which wants to profit off my illness by pushing their dangerous, mind-altering chemicals on me.

Britsol Myers-Squibb and Pfizer are not going to dictate my personality or how I think with their mind control drugs (which in my opinion, many of them are).

13. interval_illusion

Defiantly true. However, for my anxiety i dont believe that because i tried so many other things that i thought would work for my anxiety but didnt.

However, for major depression- excercise has shown to be just as effective as antidepressants. for minor to moderate depression- excercise is almost as effective.

it might sound backwards, but it's not.

meaning a lot of people dont need meds., just need to get their asses up and moving.

but for some... the ones that TRULY have an imbalance and "cant" move... the medicine can HELP you to get into a healthy state where you can move around and get off of them. they CAN be a life-saver.

14. interval_illusion

Are you willing and educated enough to state that they DON'T have a purpose sometimes?

15. know1nozme

know1nozme High Plains Drifter

Yeah, me too. It took months for me to get back to "normal" after I finnally got off it. It worked for about six months then suddenly everything went to shit. Now I take a wide array of stuff, both prescription and over the counter. wellbutrin and klonopin along with a huge dose of omega-3 and ginkgo biloba, ginseng, and so on. I'm amazed at the results I'm getting from the omega-3 supplement. So much so that I'm considering asking to be taken off the wellbutrin (so I can start taking something for my Adult ADD - all those meds require that you not be taking an anti-oxidase inhibitor, which wellbutrin is)

16. Pressed_Rat

I am not saying they might not work for some people, whatever the reason. I just think it's sad that so many people who don't really need to be on Prozac, or Paxil, or whatever, are.

17. Pressed_Rat

18. interval_illusion

i truly and totally agree with you. sometimes i just think that you are saying th whole thing is part of some larger sceme. and i wanted to know if you thought that or not.

they are WAY to prescribed... i know 12 years old that get antis. prescribed to them and that is so sad. these are kids with bad families and stuff like that...of course they couldnt try to SOLVE the problem... no, that takes too much time.

basically, i think antis. have a good purpose FOR A CERTAIN TIME FRAME and only for certain people. they are abused though.

altho i have been wondering about what you mean by your "mind-control" thing"?

edit- thanks for the link... you may just have answered that.

19. interval_illusion

Good site, Matt. I read a bunch and book-marked it. Thanks.

20. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

There are a lot of people who are on them and probably don't need to be, it's true. But there are some of us out there who have tried the other routes and they didn't work. There's no one answer for everyone. If I hadn't gone on effexor I probably wouldn't have made it through university. What I dislike, though, is when people go on meds like these but then don't use some form of counselling to go along with it. Unfortunately though, counselling can be really expensive in some places, which sucks.