Anti-Makeup Movement

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Karen_J, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

"Less is more" :)

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Kim agrees

[​IMG]

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    I have no idea how much make up she's wearing there but yes: it appears Kim and I share this opinion about clothes!

4. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

"I'm not here to decorate your world." I love that!! I'm out of likes at the moment though.

I like to wear makeup...when I want to wear it. But I do not have to have it on to go somewhere, just depends on my mood.

1 person likes this.
  5. cyberangel

cyberangel Members

I'm against double standards, so I'm against makeup. I'm very happy that Alicia Keys is rebelling against it.

6. abarambling

abarambling Banned

If you want to wear makeup for men, to feel pretty, to get noticed, or for whatever reason, fine. I don't think you're better or worse for it. Same goes for not wearing makeup. And same goes for anything that has to do with beauty, from wearing or not wearing high heels to shaving or not shaving. Whatever your choice is, and reasoning behind that choice is up to you.

I never wear high heels. Wedges, is the farest I go. This is my choice simply because wearing high heels really, REALLY hurts my feet and legs.

I like buying makeup, but I don't wear it. I don't wear it at work. I don't wear it when I'm going out. I definitely don't wear it when I'm running errands. I do enjoy it, like I said I like buying it. I used to put it on other people, but that was when I was working with kids. Now, it just sit there. I try every now and again to wear makeup, but for the most part I don't wear it. My choice not to wear it is because I'm lazy, and physically ill on most days. Basically, it's hard enough to take a shower and put on clothes. I can't do makeup on top of that. It's too much to ask for. Another reason is because once a guy told me that girls who wear makeup are basically liars. And even though he was just being an asshole, the comment resonated with me. I don't want to be a liar, or be seen as one. I value my honesty too much for that. I feel horrible even doing white lies. Don't get me wrong, I lie like a lot of other people do. I just really, really try not to. And for the most part I don't lie.

As for shaving, oh wait... I brought up shaving. The OP didn't bring it up. Never mind.

Anyways, that's my choices and my reasoning. All these things are personal choices that all women have to make. And the reasoning beyond the choice will vary. But, no matter the choice or reasoning it has merit. It will never go without.

7. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Some women don't know when to stop painting their faces. I saw one the other day, more slap on than a fleet of Vauxhal Astras..

Every so often I see a women, usually on some show and suddenly she looks different, she has a real face underneath all that treacle!

I prefer no make-up, but at the same time it doesn't need to completely abolished, like slavery? Sometimes it looks good too, it has it's place in modern culture.

It can look good on guys too. Why should it only be a woman's thing?

Some women feel that they can't go out without it, or else they will be ugly or abnormal, whereas men might feel stigmatised by wearing it, because it's a bit of an lgbt thing.

It's just a form of body painting, but like with anything else no matter where you go or what your a dressed like people are always going to judge you. Alicia Keys is right to do this, even if she used to look banging hot with her supermodel mascara on.

8. abarambling

abarambling Banned

That's odd. I think Mila Kunis is beautiful, but she was photographed once, or twice. And the photos got on a list for the ugliest celebrities. So, I agree... I think a lot of those photos have been edited. Also, even if they... haven't celebrities going 'bare' is no big triumph in this world.

First of all, it's makeup. You're not going to war or surviving cancer. It's wearing or not wearing makeup.

Second of all, with all the money they have on high quality skincare, skincare treatments, and even makeup... odds are their skin will look great with or without makeup. Even their lifestyle of what they eat and how they excerise is high quality, and that can really affect the skin too.

Third of all, going bare is really nothing if you already look good without it. It's more of a moment for someone who doesn't, by societal standards, look good. That's why so many women were upset about some campaign in which people posted a picture of themselves without mameup to raise awareness for breasts cancer. When I first heard of this I quickly thought the women were just being spiteful. People who suffer from medical conditions often feel entitled, because they have or are going through what they're going through. They think they're wiser and know better. So, at first glance that's what I thought, but as I kept thinking about it... they really made sense. It's not a moment, because it's not the same thing. It's more of a moment when everyday women don't wear makeup. Or women in the workforce. Or women on a date. It's more of a moment when a woman in the army does wear makeup. But, at the same time there is a moment even with these celebrities because they're breaking away from comformity. Not that comformity is a bad thing. I truly believe in comformity, but I get the importance of breaking from it. Breaking from the comformity put on women and breaking way from the comformity put on celebrities to wear makeup, and look perfect. So, I don't know... I guess I'm going both ways on the third reason.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

This seems about as dumb as telling someone wearing their own style of clothes that they're wrong for doing so.

10. AngelaOlmstead

AngelaOlmstead Members

Skin care totally depends on what we eat, and protect our skin from sun.

11. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

It's a bit of a myth that the sun is harmful to our skin. Too much, of course is going to damage your skin. But not enough is also more damaging to skin. We just need to keep our skin in good health when exposed to the sun, and a healthy diet with a good balance of oils and plenty of exercise and sweating is key to that.

The reason skin cancer rates are so high in Scotland is the lack of vitamin D, which is caused by lack of sun not too much. It's not as simple as that though, going out and getting yourself beetrooted on the first (and often only) sunny day of the year isn't good for your skin, but ultimately it's more the lack of sun which is the cause of skin cancer than too much.

12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Personally, I see no reason to stop wearing it to make a statement. No one's forcing me to wear make up--no one's forcing women in general to wear it. I have a choice, I make my choice, and having a choice is really what I feel Alicia Keyes and Julia Roberts should be concerned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.