Anti-Gravity Possibly Discovered!

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by wooleeheron, Aug 13, 2018.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Physicists Say There Could Be a Strange Source of 'Negative Gravity' All Around Us

I should have seen this coming, because it expresses the same thing I'm working on, which is how thermodynamics are related to gravity, but I try not to get ahead of myself anymore than I already do. Phonons are "quasi" particles that can be described as the result of other particles interacting. My own belief is that heat expresses where gravity and anti-gravity meet and how they interact is related to their symmetries, proportions, geometry, etc. The kind of circuitry required to explore this effect has existed for years and we'll just have to wait and see what happens, but this is something just about any physics lab can explore, and I expect significant results almost immediately over the next year or two. What this implies is that the wave-like aspect of quantum mechanics either manifests as gravity or as anti-gravity, a black hole or a wormhole, depending on the complexity and geometry.

That means mass exists because life requires the universe have just the right temperature and hit just the right note. All the chaos of entropy is constrained by the syntropy from expressing extremes, such as mass moving at the speed of light or forming a naked singularity.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    skip likes this.
  2. zoom! I'm riding a spaceship! pew pew! I shot down the bad guy in his spaceship! zoom!

3. wooleeheron

NASA and others have been getting weird results but, if I'm right, it means they might be able to use electronic circuitry and metamaterials or whatever, to create a spaceship or even a car that requires less energy to fly. Basically, changing the shape of the car or ship using dimension squeezing to accommodate your relative velocity. No more need tires except as a backup, it would probably work much better in conjunction with maglev or the hypertubes or whatever. How inertia fits into it should prove interesting to say the least, because you could use almost no fuel and never have to worry about accelerating too fast or whatever. Gravity plating in the deck, who knows what's possible, but this is another example of how they are slowly closing in on the central issues.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Anti-Gravity Possibly Discovered!

Or Possibly not...

5. wooleeheron

I actually believe they have discovered it, but I'm not holding my breathe for flying cars or whatever. This is still along the lines of the first people to discover radio waves and radiation. Maybe in twenty years they could make enough progress with the technology to do some amazing things, but they will likely be able to do that once they have a theory of everything. Anti-gravity is no more surprising on a quantum scale than all the other weirdness. The implication of sound waves carrying negative mass is the more interesting one for the immediate future, because of the thermodynamics that can be achieved on modern computer chips. If they can figure out inertia, they'll have a theory of everything.

6. I would join Space Force if they had spaceships.

7. storch

storch banned

When I was younger I spent an awful long time trying to achieve perpetual motion using magnets.

8. wooleeheron

Nobody's ever actually proven that a rotating ship can replace the lack of gravity other than superficially. After decades in orbit and on the moon it appears that lower gravity and zero gravity have a wide range of impacts on the human body including how our chemistry works. The ability to artificially create gravity could be exactly what is required to live in space or even on planets like Mars.

9. wooleeheron

The entire universe can be considered a perpetual motion machine and you can even make quantum pinwheels that spin forever. Energy is not the issue, but how to move mass, energy, and information around. The latest research along similar lines to this suggests it may be possible to use quantum teleportation to have the powerplant downtown supply all the energy any appliance might require, without even having to send it through the air as radio waves. Your next refrigerator and car could come without an electrical cord. By increasing the efficiency of such circuitry the power required to run anything can be minimalized while, currently, on a fraction of our electricity isn't completely wasted as heat or whatever.

10. storch

storch banned

11. wooleeheron

I tend to be skeptical about such things, because that's all to easy to demonstrate if it can be done that easily. The author claims the monks chanting had nothing to do with the result, but I believe they were producing their own local reality. Once when I told a guy that was a Taoist shaman, he ran in the other direction, claiming he saw a Zen master levitate in prison once. He wasn't lying and I know of other accounts. They are in "tune" you could say, with gravity. Such things never impressed me much, because they are just parlor tricks compared to what the mathematics I'm developing suggest is possible. Along the same lines as a Yogi sitting at the bottom of a pool for an hour. When you no longer view time as just a machine, anything goes and I walk between universes. The multiverse is a reality I share with a lot of other people and I've spent my life comparing notes with them. The Dragon is, sort of, my wife and the most powerful witch on the planet, while I was a skeptic for 50 years and am still not terribly impressed with magic because, as far as I can tell, mother nature has the mentality of a two year old and its much more important to comprehend the symmetries involved.

12. storch

storch banned

I'm a skeptic, too. However, I have no reason to doubt the account. Since I cannot tell you what gravity is, I dare not tell you what is true about it.

13. wooleeheron

Gravity is indispensable and life without gravity is incomprehensible. Inertia and gravity describe all the varieties of motion around us, and any significant changes to either one would, apparently, make life not only impossible, but inconceivable because the laws of physics are the same as the laws of thought. The question is not why does anything exist, but does anything really exist, and you have to decide that for yourself. However, it is possible to demonstrate how your decisions automatically contribute towards creating your own reality on the most fundamental physical level, within your subconscious and the collective unconscious.

14. storch

storch banned

Sure, gravity is necessary. My point is that until you explain what causes it--from this physical perspective--telling me that it can't be manipulated by the frequency of sound is not a reasonable assertion.

And of course, our decisions create our own reality, both personally and collectively. We are frequency generators, and we draw to ourselves those frequencies which match our own; birds of a feather flock together, and all that.

15. wooleeheron

Humor is the lowest possible energy state, which is demonstrable, and proximity, temperature, and the Goldilocks principle applies, all establishing that 42 is as good an explanation as anyone is ever going to get and lowbrow slapstick is intrinsic to nature. The existence of the collective unconscious and it acting like a two year old, merely confirms everything expresses an "infinite-singularity" or "divided unity". The symmetry is everything, and the Taoists perfected the symmetry as best they could, but stopped making progress when the Tao Te Ching became a religion. All we require are the 430 poems, and it will all become so obvious that most people will deny it and only come to accept the truth slowly over their lifetimes. Its not easy accepting that we've all been told a lie our entire lives, and taught to ignore the child of God within us.

We live in a Goldilocks universe which is just plain tacky, and makes lowbrow slapstick all that much more pervasive, and means a child's fairytale rules the universe. Not exactly what most people were expecting to learn from a theory of everything. But, being human means we are all born to fall on our butt, whether we like it or not. Trust me, karma can be anything you want, including a bitch! She thinks its funny! The Dragon's smile makes the Cheshire Cat look tame.

16. storch

storch banned

Oh I know. Trust me, the karmic consequence of believing in karma is karma.

17. wooleeheron

Karma is like gravity, it can suck, and you don't have to believe anything to know that, you just notice the pattern. Once you've seen how hotdogs are made, it can't be unseen without serious chemicals or a blow to the head or something. I guess you could say karma is the firth force of nature, wu wei wu, or the Chi or the magic that makes everything go without doing anything. Its existence can only be inferred like that of quantum indeterminacy and entanglement because they are one and the same thing. It can also be thought of more abstractly as the greater context of the truth paradoxically determining the identity of its own contents.

skip likes this.
  18. Karma is just irony, and irony is just God's sense of humor. Sense of Humor isn't lowly; it's a fundamental force of the universe, without which life could never evolve.

19. wooleeheron

Karma expresses our own mortal fallibility. That's the true depth of the irony of karma and why comprehending the systems logics and symmetry are so important. Accepting karma is accepting ourselves for all our flaws. When we no longer make distinctions between who we are and what we are doing, karma is the wonder that is the beginning of wisdom.

20. storch

storch banned

Karma doesn't determine anything because it isn't anything. It's a word made up to accommodate the aspect of humanity that is as yet incapable of making the connection between themselves and magnetism. Primitive minds can only conceptualize reward and punishment. But that's a start.

You get what you give because what else would be drawn to you?