Anti gmo

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Carlfloydfan, May 22, 2013.

1. odonII

odonII O

2. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

OK next time I'll save them for 10 yrs. Incase u ask me to scan them. ;)

3. odonII

odonII O

Well, looking at the link - it looks like they have posted such articles on the Internet. I imagine they spin a wheel and post old 'fun facts' from time to time.

4. IamnotaMan

I think the "fun facts" was the 1st link u posted.

Our immune system (and ultimately our cellular and DNA reprdoction) and health is affected by what we eat. You might want to read about nutritional genomics btw.

|Otherwise, doctors would tell us "ignore 5 a day, eat whatever shit u want".
    Yes?

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Our human body is actually perfectly built to stay healthy and not get sick if you consume the things that you are meant to consume only. That's why germ theory is missing the link of... germ plus body not in optimal state to heal and fix itself equals illness.

6. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

The biggest issue I tend to have is that Monsanto owns about 86% of the seed that is GMO. That is far too much of a monopoly.

There is no solid data that I can find (over the years) that proves that it is unsafe to consume. In fact there are some benefits such as disease resistance and yield in crops.

Seed that is untreated is harder to find and that is an issue that I feel should be addressed. If someone wishes to use untreated seed for their crop they should be able to without being unable to sell their produce to a mass market. If the trend starts to become that, then I would be far more concerned that being able to voluntarily decide which should be grown by the actual farmers is being controlled.

7. odonII

odonII O

Kind of.

I can appreciate that. It doesn't 'prove' links to GM, though, does it?

Labeling, anybody?

8. IamnotaMan

Yes. I think some germs are actually good for us. If our bodies are healthy.
    I know a guy who grows mold to eat. Because he says its good for his immune system.

If we eat plastics, its terrible for our bodies. Because we cant digest them. And cause too much stress on the immune system. Likewise with the crap they want to splice into corn DNA.

Cue Odon's demand for a link... :D

9. odonII

odonII O

It shouldn't be too difficult...

10. antithesis

antithesis Hello

It pisses me off on a daily basis that GMO food is not required to be labeled here in the US. I am so thankful every day that I live in a place where GMO food is virtually banned just because there is no market for it here and people only buy organic.

11. jambo101

jambo101 Member

I never really had a problem with GMO foods if it made the produce better in some way but recently i watched a documantary called "the weight of the nation" and it described many aspects of how the food industry manipulates all factors of food from seeds or embyos to get us to consume more of any given product and i got to wondering if through genetic modification there wasnt a component that affects the way we think,perhaps a motivation to consume more of any given product or type of products, if so the possibilities of where we are being led to boggles the mind.

12. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

From the Russia Today article.

http://rt.com/usa/protection-repeal-act-monsanto-444/

Money talks in U.S. politics.

quote:

"Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Missouri) told Politico earlier this year that he co-authored the language of the amendment along with Monsanto. Previously, Blunt received $64,250 from Monsanto to go towards his campaign committee between 2008 and 2012."

Social media also talks. Monsanto CEO Hugh Grant seems frustrated by the grass roots people being able to use social media as a counter-measure, which he refers to as 'elites'.

quote:

"Speaking to Bloomberg this week, Monsanto CEO Hugh Grant said his critics exercise a “strange kind of reverse elitism” fueled by social media campaigns to condemn his company."

13. odonII

odonII O

Excellent original journalism going on there.