Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

Discussion in 'People' started by Meliai, Jun 8, 2018.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

If attention is what one is seeking, killing oneself is a counterintuitive way to enjoy it.

2. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Who is gonna travel the world eating all that food now that he is dead?

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I have several similar stories which I wont go into...my heart goes out to you brother

4. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Andrew Zimmerman!

r0llinstoned likes this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

But that sounds more like it goes in the crazy basket than the suicide basket, at least you have that.

Something went wrong, probably a small stroke, or a set of them, doctors were useless trying to find what it was, all of a sudden he thinks people are following him.

It would be whatever happened to his brain that actually killed him.

In the meantime, none of these experts you get sound bites in the media from have any kind of clue as to why a stroke causes this kind of stuff, where in the brain, and why it takes on those particular symptoms.

Could have started from a fall he had as a child for all you know, and didnt actually become a problem until he reached a certain age where his blood circulation couldnt compensate anymore

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

There is one US show, forget the name, similar format, but the guy is always going to the most glutonous outlets you can find and stuffing his face

40 something, and he looks like Kevin James with died blonde beard and hair.

Just waiting for the news story saying that guy was found dead face down in a 2 foot wide cheeseburger

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The news of his suicide hit me hard. He was one of the good ones........

I am kind of disapponted in the nasty comments on this thread, but what else is new?

No one should judge another and the reasons they have for doing some things things unless walking a mile in their shoes...

Meliai likes this.
  8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Sad about Anthony Bourdain,

There’s been a 30 percent increase in suicides since 2000, so there’s no reason to believe those numbers wouldn’t extend into the celebrity community.

While I’d never even contemplate suicide, if I did, I certainly wouldn’t hang myself like Anthony Bourdain, and Kate Spade - i couldn't even imagine a mindset which would allow someone to tie a rope around their neck and slowly choke to death.

Horrible few days if you include actor Jackson Odell who was found dead on Friday although in his case he probably overdosed. was it deliberate?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

1. Bet if i dig around on the internet, CDC website that 30% figure is bullshit, it at least aint going to be across the board, all genders, all ages

2. Is just the US

3. Matches the timeline of your opiad epidemic

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm very sorry to hear that.

eggsprog and tumbling.dice like this.
  12. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Mcfuddy mentioned him above, Andrew Zimmeran. Bizzare foods :)

13. hotwater

OK, here are the CDC stats on the high rate of suicide which you seem to doubt

Suicide rates rising across the U.S. | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

84 % male if no known crazy
    69 % male if crazy

Known mental health conditions would include depression. Why such a huge differenence without depression?

The national average is 24.5% btw

If you look at the breakdown of the states, its all the very rural states that have had the big jumps

15. hotwater

The CDC wasn't my original source for the 30% although an increase of 24.5% is quite substantial, but at least you no longer doubt
    people are knocking themselves off in much greater numbers.

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Maybe in part because these celebs in the media get a whole lot of sympathy and nice things said about them when they do off themselves

17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I think it's because American culture is a bottomless void from which there is no return.

Now where's my fucking cheeseburger and milkshake?

18. GrampaLove

GrampaLove Members

I miss Tony so much! Been a fan since episode 1 of No Reservations. I really don't have heroes but if I did he would be at the top of the list. I wondered about the russian guy he interviewed (an opponent of putin) that was murdered by putin shortly afterward. You know murder can be made to look like suicide. I know that is out there and probably is not the case but you would have to agree that it is in the realm of possibilities, even if unlikely. Putin is definitely a murderous sociopath and he murdered the guy Tony interviewed shortly after because he spoke against him..... What do I know? I know nothing. Did not mean to turn this into a conspiracy post. Anthony Bourdain will live fondly on in the memories of his vast friends, family and fans and for years to come. (raises glass) ...To Anthony!

19. BFlyBetty

BFlyBetty Member

Just so sad.
    I read his book, and you can see his deep depression as a underlying theme throughout every chapter.

20. hotwater

Well I certainly hope that wasn’t the case with Superman' actress Margot Kidder who’s death back in May was just ruled a suicide.