Another statue comes down.

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Bilby, Jun 7, 2020.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No he was a slave owner but claims he treated them good.

So good as a matter of fact he regularly raped his favorite house slave Sally Hemings

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

There ain't a slave still living today so tell me why do you think we should pay for something we didn't do and what never happened to you? You put of the blame on whites, we violated your civil rights! But your BL movement is nothing but a shake down game. So here we go again talken about reparations. Yeah here we go again talken about something else free. Yeah here we go again talken about reparations.. Well listen to me brotha, ya ain't gettin' nothin' from me.

It rediculous this "our cause" bullshit. Nothing happens to you, it's not your cause, it's generally the cause of what happens to miscreants and criminals built into a society where they believe everybody owes them something. Lol. It's a typical American way of thinking. Everybody owes you something and nothing is ever your fault.

Garbage.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  3. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Blimey Irm.
    Spot on!
    That sure is some rant.
    But one I agree every word with!

4. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, yeah, yeah - seig heil !!! - Nazis lost out in 1945 - stuffed by the Russians firstly at Stalingrad (Volgograd) in 1942, then again at Kursk in 1943, chased all the way back to Berlin and wiped out in 1945.

I too have crossed fists with a few 'National Front' white supramcists and a couple of them needed hospital treatment when I finished with them.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Anyone so much as breaths on this statue the wrong way, I'm hiring a jet and coming over with various assault rifles and grenades, smoke me some try hard arts students

[​IMG]

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

LOL.

When your only assault on a forum is the overuse of exclamation marks at the end of your ill thought sentences then I'm basically going to call bullshit on your tough man adventure stories too, considering your poor form in trying to tell stories about your life that have been proven to be utter fantasies.

If that's you in your avatar, you enjoy drinking tea, not beating up nazis. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Think you've read one too many Action & Adventure comics for one life. :sweatsmile::sweatsmile:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  7. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

I think the issue in the African-American community is that of a leadership vaccum starting from the premature assassination of Abraham Lincoln to that of Martin Luther King in the last century.

Lincoln had advocated the idea of the freed african-americans relocating themselves to central or south america and having a country for themselves, like the freed Africans in the republic of Haiti and natiion of Liberia. I think this was a sound idea and this could have given the community time and space for its sound development without external disturbances and issues. Thomas Jefferson was also among those who proposed colonization in Africa: relocating free blacks outside the new nation.

Also,if Lincoln had lived, he could have ensured the security and stability of the African-American community in America, leading to better standards in education, culture and socio-economic standards.

Reading Booker Washington's biography, you can see that the blacks were eager and enthusiastic for learning and culture. Some were even studying greek or french and a black family bought a piano though they had no idea how to play it.

Unfortunately the KKK also came upon the scene destroying black churches and schools , killing pastors and teachers who could have played the role of community leaders. There is an insightful saying by Victor Hugo, " "He who opens a school door, closes a prison" . Obviously the activities of the KKK created potentially a lot of future prisons.

This may also have created a sense of despair and hopelesness in the black community leading to regressive socio-economic issues at present along with high crime rates . This is also probably made worse by America's lax gun controls.

Leadership vacuums, at crucial periods, probably led to the dismal issues at present.

Rather than bring down statues which may have historical value, it is important instead to build leaders who can solve the present issues effectively and efficiently .

mysticblu21 likes this.
  8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

No you won't

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I will send a very harshly worded email then ;)

Bullzaye likes this.
  10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Where did you get the idea that Abraham Lincoln "kept" slaves?

Are you claiming Lincoln was a slave holder?

mysticblu21 likes this.
  11. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

There is no proof that Jefferson ever raped Sally Hemings.
    Hemings went to Paris as a maid to one of Jefferson's relatives when she was 14. In Pairs she was free, she was not a slave.
    She agreed to return to the Jefferson estate on her own at the age of 16 after negotiating an agreement with Jefferson.
    As with most things it's a complicated matter.

12. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Good, try it, I'll wind up my SAM 6 missile launcher and dump you in the English Channel, whilst the rest of us go find a nice deep hole to bury the evil witch !!!

hotwater likes this.
  13. hotwater

And the hundreds of Slaves he owned during the course of his life?

I suppose they were there out of charity and the goodness of their heart?

That alone is enough to have every statue that depicts his image removed from public view.

14. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

That is what Alistair Cooke claimed. He was pointing not to judge people outside of historical context. Alistair Cooke died some years ago so we cannot ask him to verify his claim.He always seemed to be in the money.
    BBC Radio 4 - Letter from America by Alistair Cooke

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  15. hotwater

Fortunately, we only have one statue of former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher (The evil queen of numbers) here in North America

16. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

People don't actually study history, they just think they remember what they heard. There's all kinds of stuff passed by word of mouth that's been twisted, confused, taken from sensationalist headlines...

The civil war was southern states declaring Independence to release their obligations of heavy trade restrictions and tariffs by the feds. The fact that they used slave labor to produce agriculture was an ancillary topic. It really only became a call to action near the end of the war when it was apparent that Lincoln and the feds were going to be exposed in a very bad light due to their love of money and power, and disregard for human life. Their last minute plan to free the slaves brilliantly distracted people and threw them off the trail. They could rewrite history to look like slavery was the issue of the war all along, changing their villain acts to look like hero acts. It worked, and worked well!

6-eyed shaman and Bullzaye like this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, thats what i think, never believed the Civil War was about slavery

18. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We don't have to form beliefs though, since we can actually study the anecdotes of the past.

19. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Evil Queen hot?
    In my opinion she was the best Prime Minister the UK ever had.
    Boris or Starmer are not fit to lick her arse!

20. hotwater

Regardless of the reasons for the start of the civil war “slavery was the elephant in the room” and towards the end it became the driving force for both sides.