Another statue comes down.

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Bilby, Jun 7, 2020.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Looks like Mahatma Gandhi is next on the historical “racist” statue chopping block.

Calls to remove 'racist' Gandhi statue

Holding historical people accountable by the standards of today is dumb.

Tearing down statues is all a maneuver to rewrite history.

Tishomingo likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Why would someone tear down Gandhi?? :confused:

3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

My guess is because Ghandi opposed tyranny, and these statue destroyers are tyrants in of themselves. Doesn’t matter to them what these people accomplished to build the present day. All they care about is that Gandhi held a few ignorant opinions in his time.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Here is something from biography.com, who has him listed as an activist.

I remember him as a pacifist.

5. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[​IMG]

The Dukes of Hazzard is an American action-comedy television series that was aired on CBS from January 26, 1979, to February 8, 1985. The show aired for 147 episodes spanning seven seasons. It was consistently among the top-rated television series in the late 1970s, (at one point, ranking second only to Dallas, which immediately followed the show on CBS' Friday night schedule).

All I ever knew about General Lee was it was the name of the dukes car.

6. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I don't know about all this tearing down stuff. They wrecked this place.

[​IMG]

Ashur-nasir-pal II (transliteration: Aššur-nāṣir-apli, meaning "Ashur is guardian of the heir"[1]) was king of Assyria from 883 to 859 BC.

In May 2014, ISIL members smashed a 3,000-year-old neo-Assyrian statue from Tel Ajaja

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Going after the Churchill one is retarded

Mofos would all be speaking German if it wasn't for him, and remember the Nazis wanted a superior Aryan race

Mallyboppa and Bilby like this.
  8. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

rasta g child likes this.
  9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

In the meanwhile the Dukes of Hazzard is about to get pulled from Amazon streaming for it's symbolism of hatred and violence towards African americans.

10. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

As a young lawyer, Gandhi initially was a supporter of the British empire, and his earlier role was in gaining some political concessions for the Indian community in South Africa and India, while being loyal to the Empire and had faith in its system of justice. As someone who studied law in London, he was highly conditioned by the environment around him in terms of likes and dislikes, interests and prejudices, and took them upon himself without much critical thought.

He was also more of a moderate in comparison to Indian extremists like Lala Lajpat Rai and Bipin Chandra Pal who wanted total independence at those times.

It was after the Jallianwala Bagh massacre that he changed his moderate stance to that of total independence. He was, as stated, not infallible, and went along with British prejudices about the Africans in his youth. Later on, as he matured, he changed his stance about the Africans as well.

He said in a speech at Oxford on October 24, 1931:

“… as there has been an awakening in India, even so there will be an awakening in South Africa with its vastly richer resources –natural, mineral and human. The mighty English look quite pygmies before the mighty races of Africa. They are noble savages after all, you will say. They are certainly noble, but no savages and in thecourse of a few years the Western nations may cease to find in Africa a dumping ground for their wares.”

Mandela was well aware of Gandhi's prejudices when he was young. He wrote in an article in 1995, “Gandhi must be forgiven those prejudices and judged in the context of the time and circumstances. We are looking here at the young Gandhi, still to become Mahatma,when he was without any human prejudice save that in favour of truth and justice.”

Bilby likes this.
  11. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hmmmm - giving the Communist salute - welcome comrades !!!

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lolz

[​IMG]

"A London activist has been involved in an unfortunate moment on live TV, claiming she'd never "personally met" former UK Prime Minister Winston Churchill"

Protester's gaffe about historic statue

13. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

14. hotwater

Ah, beep beep, walkin' down the street. Ten times a week, listen to my beat, Ungawa, Ungawa, this is black power, white boy destroy. I said It, I meant it, I really represent it, I'm a cool, cool ni**er from a cool, cool town; it takes a cool cool whitey to knock me down. Don’t you pick my apples, don’t you shake my tree, I’m a New York ni**er don’t you mess with me. I’m sweet, I’m kind, I’m soul sister number nine, sock it to me one more time. Uhh Good God!

Black American Folklore circa 1964

15. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Now I am pissed.

[​IMG]

Thomas Jefferson !!!

Fucking bitches leave Thomas Jefferson alone !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Bilby and mysticblu21 like this.
  16. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

A guide at Monticello talks about what it really means to talk about slavery and Thomas Jefferson.

Slavery

17. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I want to know who did that to the Thomas Jefferson Statue.

They Tagged it BLM but I think that's a false flag.

White people did this stupid shit.

upload_2020-6-15_15-52-3.png

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Tear the statue of the guy that said that.

F retards.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    mysticblu21 likes this.
  18. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

19. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

In 2014, ISIS committed an act of archaeological terrorism in Mosul when it obliterated the shrine of Jonah. Ironically, their vandalism uncovered another ancient shrine - one, arguably more significant.

20. hotwater

There are probably more whites in the BLM movement than Blacks.

As long as you support our cause we invite you in to join us. Asians, Latinos, Indians, anyone...etc..

As for Thomas Jefferson, he was the biggest hypocrite the world has ever seen, he often spoke out against slavery, yet he owned hundreds of slaves