another school kids arrested for writing an essay

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by kitty fabulous, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

2. stonedmonkiwana

stonedmonkiwana K9 Handler

I must admit that, from reading the link, I was a bit shocked!! I know that it was fucked up to tell the kid to write about what he wanted and not censor it, but he should have known not to write about such a thing in this day and age. After all the school violence that has happened. Even though it was just a story, his teacher probably felt a responsibility to report the student. What if the teacher hadn't and the student had went on act out what he had written about? I know that that it's really really fucked up to do that..... But it's better to be safe than sorry I guess..

3. kitty fabulous

that's okay *giggle* go ahead and take away my rights. i wasn't using them anyway. tee hee fucking hee.

4. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

wow... rediculous.

5. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Bush already took all your rights away. Didn't they tell you?

6. stonedmonkiwana

As I recall High School students don't have many rights anyway... At least that was the way it was at my high school. Rights or no rights though, the student should have known better than to write about something like that. You would think a Straight-A student would have more sense than that.

7. mortes

mortes Senior Member

that's bullshit, I'm siding with the kid. You people ever heard of imagination? I would have written the same shit if I wasn't afraid the teacher would punish my ass for writing what I wanted when clearly the assignment is to do so. Fuck that.

8. stonedmonkiwana

Yes I've heard of imagination! I use mine quite often lol. But if a kid is thinking something like that then something is just not quite right in his head. A normal healthy person wouldn't want to write about something like that. Like I said in my earlier post, you think he would have had more sense than to write about something like that. In my opinion he was just crying out for help.

9. kitty fabulous

a students first amendment rights do not stop when they enter school property, although they may be compromised.

but you're right. *giggle* we should give up our rights so our government can catch terrorists and bad people. i will have my child arrested for writing an uncensored essay in an uncensored essay writing assignment, or any sign of violence, aggression, imagination, or independent thought. can't be too careful. we homeschool, but i'll do my part and call the cops to handcuff the little deliquent the next time he starts talking about building killer death-ray robots with his leggos. you never know if he might grow up to graduate from leggo robots to homemade explosives so we've got to nip these little psychopaths in the bud. i mean any kid that talks about giant killer robots with death rays is just crying out for help.

while i'm at it, i'll also let the government tap my phone line and read my email, financial history, and library records because i am a good american and don't want the terrorists to win!!! and the military can draft my son (he's talking about killer robots, so maybe after he gets out of prison for the little comic books he makes he can put those violent tendencies to good, patriotic use and go kill brown people to get our oil out from under their sand) and whe he gets maimed for oil and freedom, he can get shitty healthcare in a VA hospital when he comes back as an amputee and then when he dies from an infection passed on by the rats infesting his clinic, not be allowed his religious symbol on his tombstone unless it's on the approved religions list.

let's all give up our civil liberties for FREEDOM!!!

10. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

How the fuck can you arrest someone for writing about a dream that they thought would be amusing? That's like arresting someone for saying it would be funny if they did pot.

I don't use the word "hate" often, but I hate the United States government and all of it's corrupt authority figures, including the police and teachers.

11. kitty fabulous

wow man, somebody should put stephen king away then, before he hurts someone...

12. stonedmonkiwana

Yeah I noticed your age there.. So I can gather it's been a while since you've been in public school (if you ever attended one). I don't know what it was like back whenever you attended school, but when I was in school students had almost NO rights, and if a student had written something like this at my school he would have been disciplined, probably like this kid was done. *not giggling*

I would like to know what kid has the right to write about something like that at school? After all that's happened in the past decade and most recently with gun violence and schools. If you want to have your child arrested that's your business, but may I suggest to you that if your kid is writing essays about what that student was writing about you get him/her into therapy as soon as possible, because there is something not quite right. Talking about "building killer death-ray robots with his leggos" is quite a different thing than talking about what this kid was talking about.. Don't even go there.

Hey if you want the government to do that to you then great for you...

Yeah and look at Stephen King.. He's not normal, he's weird. I said a NORMAL HEALTHY person wouldn't want to write about things like that.

You know what why did you even post this thread? Is it because you like to argue? or did you honestly expect everyone who read it to have the same opinion you did!? Tell me because I'm curious to know.

13. kitty fabulous

it's called the first amendment, sugar.

14. stonedmonkiwana

Yeah it might be called the first amendement, but certain rights are left at the school door... and I'm afraid this is one of them. Students can't just write about anything at school. Come on get real here!

15. kitty fabulous

sorry, toots. it's already gone through the courts that a students first amendment rights don't stop at the school door.

16. stonedmonkiwana

ohh really? is that so... so.. if I were to write a note, or an essay at school.. saying that I was going to come and .. I don't know lets say murder you or your family.. and I described in detail how I was going to do it.. would you not be alarmed, would you not want to contact the police or something? Or would you just shrug it off and say.. "ahh well it's her first amendment right to do so"... then what if I actually did come and act out what I had written about..you wouldn't be so first amendment happy then would you.

17. kitty fabulous

the writing of fiction is as old as written language, duh. people have been writing and telling horror stories since we first learned to grunt.

you do realize that you're the one who's looking like an ass here, princess, right? i'd stop now before you embarrass yourself further.

18. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

To directly threaten someone's safety is assault and it is not protected. The kid did no such thing.

19. kitty fabulous

maybe someone should have taken those copies of Weird Tales away from Robert Bloch when he was a teen and arrested him so he wouldn't grow up to be a Psycho.

After all, he publicly claimed: "I have the heart of a little boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk."

20. stonedmonkiwana

Well I'm glad that you know a little about writing fiction. I've written my fair share of horror stories and such. Don't even give me that. But NEVER have I once wrote about massacring people at my high school as a part of an English assignment, then turned it in. The real problem with this is not that the kid wrote about a dream or about fiction or whatever, the problem is that he wrote about KILLING PEOPLE AT HIS SCHOOL and actually turned it in.

I'd also like to know why you are calling me sugar, toots, and princess.. Are you trying to patronize me here? If you are then I wish you would act your age and fucking cut it out.. how about that.. *giggle*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.