Another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Oct 27, 2018.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

That hospital treating all those Jews just happens to be the one hospital staffed entirely by Nazis. Obviously.

-CNN-

2. lode

lode Banned

As disturbing as the middle assertions are, I do agree that intellectuals should try to read Mein Kampf, Quotations from Chairman Mao, and other important 20th century political philosophy. It's the implication of Donny as an intellectual that's lolsies.

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The only thing that might, and I emphasis might, cause you to even consider that Trump is a racist would be if he personally lynched some minority member on the White House lawn.
    And you would have to be there yourself as you don't believe any thing you don't experience first hand.

(Unless it already supports your preconceived notions.)

4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

that's the way they operate... terrible. I'm horrified when I see stuff like that. I had to call the campus police; it must've been 3 semesters ago now, to remove a swastika from the wall above a urinal in the men's room. So yeah, I don't care for it and will never tolerate it. It's insidious too. It's an effort to undermine the opine that racism/anti-semitism is evil, and normalize racism at the same time. I hope it's never effective.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

7. Noserider

Yeah, it's sick these things seem to kick off a whole new trend. I wouldn't be surprised to see this continue for a few weeks/months across the country.

And the fact that I wouldn't be surprised by this speaks volumes about the state of our society.

soulcompromise likes this.
  8. MeAgain

This cartoon is trying to tell us that the Jewish people themselves are to blame for the type of graffiti that you describe Noserider.
    Blame the victim.
    I'll let others decide what the nature of this carton is.

9. Noserider

I know.
    I choose not to engage in everything.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

inconsiderate people exist in every ideology and belief.
    this makes no excuse for even greater inconsiderateness on a cultural or catigorical level.

nor is it logical to commit unprovoked inconsiderateness,
    unless its perpetrator wishes to live in an inconsiderate world.

i don't mean to suggest that nature is invariably considerate,
    but rather that it is not premeditatedly and maliciously inconsiderate.

the availability of effective weapons is an accessory after the fact,
    the real root of the problem is what 'western' (meaning euro-american) culture glorifies.

the fantasy of belligerance being heroic.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Your argument can be summarized by that reply alone

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

97 homicides in Allegheny County. 61 of those black on black with gun. Their neighborhoods wont get over a million dollars in gofundme accounts but the Jews sure will..

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I dont buy that argument either.

If it was two jewish teens arguing over something and one shot the other, nor would they attract much in the way of gofundme donations

If instead it was a group of black parishoners at a church that were victims of a mass shooting a week after pittsburgh and they didnt attract a similar level of donations, then there would be a comparison that makes sense

14. lode

lode Banned

I don't believe there's evidence which could convince you if that doesn't make you question your "not a racist" thesis.

It's also factually inaccurate. It's not just racist bullshit. It's quantifiably bullshit.

Illegal and immigrants commit less crimes than native born Americans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lly-commit-more-crime/?utm_term=.1510e3a16a34

In the US, our entire social safety net is dependent on the next generation having a greater than or equal to number as the current generation. As it turns out, baby boomers weren't having enough kids, and were spending their times finding themselves and mooching off their parents. Fortunately we've had enough Latin and Asian immigrants to come in, work and have more babies.

How to fire up America

You know why Japans economy has sucked since the 90's? Because it's a nation of geriatrics, and they have much more hardline immigration policies.

https://chicagounbound.uchicago.edu...ontext=international_immersion_program_papers

Asmodean, MeAgain and Meliai like this.
  15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Uh huh, well, thats until you work out someone is classed as "native born" their whole life of course compared to the average length of time someone is actually classed as an "illegal immigrant" or the average length of time an "illegal immigrant" stays in, in this case Texas

Look at the source of that Washington Post article, this CATO think tank

Central Americans Assimilate Very Well

Now obviously both the author of that article and the journo doing the story at the WP would have realized there are big differences in the amount of time one spends as native born as opposed to an illegal immigrant. So yes, both the brief and the WP are made to be intentionally misleading

This is the data as presented in the brief ,

Table 1: Sex crime conviction rate by immigration status in Texas
    Per 100,000 residents in each subpopulation, 2015
    Source: Author’s analysis of data from the Texas Department of Public Safety, the American Community Survey, and the Center for Migration Studies.

All arrests Homicide arrests Sexual assault arrests Larceny arrests
    Natives 3,578 5.4 52 407
    Illegal immigrants 2,149 3.7 41 133
    All immigrants 1,244 2.1 24 89
    Legal immigrants 698 1.1 13 63

Bolded is total and sex assault numbers as the table doesnt format properly

This case been calculated to 100,000 per subpopulation, but not changed to the length of time in each class

With sexual assault, Native born to Illegal immigrant is 52 to 41 per 100,000, close to each other to start with

But native born would be from whatever age figures are even included from, lets just assume 18 up to say 70, every native born (mostly male) across 50 something years, versus the average time someone gets classed as illegal immigrant or is able to even stay in the country. If that average is only like 10 years, then they are committing that offense at 4 or 5 times the rate of native borns, if 20 years, its still twice as often

And the authors would be fully aware of that,especially the author from CATO who would spend most of his/her time in data analysis

16. MeAgain

Per 2015...one year only.
    Etc.

17. lode

lode Banned

You really typed all that out without realizing that it was per 100,000 of each group for the single year 2015?

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Grrrrr, does it look like that If i copied and pasted the table with 2015 and per 100,000??????

number of crimes divide by population of current subgroups at the time gives crime per 100,000. There is differentiation of the subgroups, but NO ACCOUNTING for the length of time in each subgroup

3578 crimes per 100,000 native born citizens, yes in one year, that are for the most part going to stay in the state most of their lives. and will include young, old, male, female

2149 crimes per 100,000 illegal immigrants, yes in one year, which is dependant on what the class of illegal immigrant is, how long on average they are classed as an illegal immigrant, how long they stay in the state/country, and is likely to include a far lot less older people. Its not a representative spread of the entire subgroup, most of whom are not in the US

If that average is only about 10 years, then yes, they are actually commiting those crimes 4,5 times the rate of all native born people when you take the ENTIRE populations into account

Yes, I'm sorry this happens, but it is intentional, it happens all the time, your government, my government

This is the author of the CADO report:

[​IMG]

Looks straight out of grad school

Listed on their site as :

Working for this guy:

[​IMG]

Who is actually a Republican senator, but surprise surprise, was born in Puerto Rico

You both have two choices now:

1: If you actually give a shit, you can try find raw or more representitive data
    2. Continue to stick your head in the sand

I dont really need to bother, as ultimately you are arguing some lower socio-economic group commits less crime....no matter who, where they are it never really happens, and most arent really going to believe otherwise

19. lode

lode Banned

How you calculate a crime rate is c number of crimes committed in a year (by a group in this case) divided by population times 100,000.

c/p * 100,000

Your adding a multiplicand which is amount of time lived in country.

c/p * 100,000 x t.

Using your formula, the crimes 20 year old people commit is automatically double the crimes per year that 40 year old people commit. Your math is wrong.

20. MeAgain

I have no idea what you're talking about, why you attacked the look of this one man, or why you disregard all the many other reports.