Another fun climate change thread

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My mind has not been changed with this information.

Right now as you read this, we still, are closer to the sun than we ever have been in our entire existence.

2. KerrBear

KerrBear Members

Yes but that’s been happening for millions of years. The warming we’ve seen in the last 50 is wildly inconsistent with that trend.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

There have been several abnormally large solar flares and combustion dramas coming from the sun more frequently than ever these days too. If we are talking about probably one of the, if not the most energetic thing in the existence of the universe, a sun, that literally sits there roaring with energy, I don't think it would be wise to suggest that it just sits there dormant for 50 years and is insignificant in that time frame. We can already conclude evidence of high velocity solar storms that are attributed to the sun, these storms cause harmful UV rays that break down earth's protective layers at her poles.

All you have to do is look at solar storms to see this happening and earth radars. Now if those storms are getting worse, and flares more often as the sun dies and we are closer to the sun than ever before.. Then doesn't all that play an effect on the temperature of our planet?

A lot of folks tend to only concentrate on what happening under our atmosphere on earth, cast the blame at other countries, but, the evidence of astral damage is undeniable, and we have zero clues and ideas how to stop it and it probably can't be done I believe.

Cooling the earth down in the inner atmosphere ain't gone do anything if our sun continues to produce the storms and flares it is atm.

4. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I read that Methane Worse than CO2 for the Atmosphere !
    Methane lasts in the atmosphere only for about 12 years, much less than CO2; but while there, it packs a punch. Measured over a century, a molecule of methane warms the planet roughly 30 times more than CO2.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

That conclusion seems still uncertain?

As long as you don't use that as an excuse to not change shit having this conviction is ok. Climate change isn't the only reason why we need to reduce everyone's contribution to pollution.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  6. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

So we should stop eating beans?

7. Rots in hell

Cows and Sheep mate !

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Go green
    Create drones that "eat" carbon dioxide and "excrete" oxygen

9. Rots in hell

That reminds me of a Joke that I wouldn't Dare tell on here ! :tonguewink:

10. KerrBear

KerrBear Members

Okay, so let's approach this from another angle. Pollution is bad. Carbon gets released into the atmosphere. Carbon traps heat

Asmodean likes this.
  11. Rots in hell

And Methane !

Asmodean and KerrBear like this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Reduce eating and keeping cows. That a cow shits, burps and farts a lot doesn't have to cause such a problem. But when there are too many it does.

13. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Yes guys I know what you were trying to say. I was simply trying to inject a bit of humor into the thread. Obviously I failed miserably.

blazing saddles bean scene - Yahoo Video Search Results

Asmodean likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The whole point of my argument about us being close to the sun than ever before was that it can't be argues or disputed. So nerr.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You guys always tell me to research science and stuff and this time I go research some things to make a solid foundation and argument and I'm still wrong. :p even though I'm actually not.

16. Rots in hell

The Earth is slowly drifting away from the sun.

Tidal acceleration is an effect of the tidal forces between an orbiting natural satellite and the primary object that it orbits . The acceleration causes a gradual recession of a satellite in a prograde orbit away from the primary, and a corresponding slowdown of the primary's rotation. The process eventually leads to tidal locking, usually of the smaller first, and later the larger body. The Earth–Moon system is the best studied case where this process is driving the moon’s orbit outward: Tides raised by the moon in our oceans are gradually transferring Earth’s rotational energy to lunar motion. As a consequence, each year the moon’s orbit expands by about 4 cm and Earth’s rotation slows by 0.000017 second.

Russian dynamicists Gregoriy A. Krasinsky and Victor A. Brumberg to calculated in 2004, that the sun and Earth are gradually moving apart. The sun and Earth are literally pushing each other away due to their tidal interaction.

Earth’s mass is raising a tiny but sustained tidal bulge in the sun. This causes the sun’s rotation rate to slow by 3 milliseconds per century (0.00003 second per year). The distance between the Earth and sun is growing 15 cm per year because the sun is losing its angular momentum. [1]

This and the expansion of space at 75 km per second per megaparsec will move Earth's orbit 40–50 million miles farther from the Sun by the time the Sun turns into a red giant.

[​IMG]
    Footnotes

KerrBear likes this.
  17. Rots in hell

No Fucking Idea what any of the above means !

18. Rots in hell

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Never read so much bullshit in my life, Mally. :p

20. Rots in hell

ha ha sorry mate !