Another Day, Another Shooting at a Place of Worship: So what else is new?

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Okiefreak, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Once again a house of worship has been attacked. This time the target was the Jews, once again. Nineteen year old suspect John Earnest armed with an assault-style rife achieved his fifteen minutes of infamy. Woman killed, 3 injured in shooting at California synagogue

Should we offer our thoughts and prayers, or maybe think of something more constructive?

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

this part actually made me laugh, but actually I was talking with someone this morning about the poor coverage that our local paper has given this topic. I think that it's a travesty because what I see is that someone in their youth; a college student at a nicer university, was sucked into racist white supremacy anti-Semitic garbage. And that's all it is. what did he put? Something about "they're evil"? What a load of horseshit. Contrived. and quite possibly just a seed for growing further malcontent among the white supremacy skinhead neo-nazi crowd.

No one buys into any of this bullshit. But the poisonous rhetoric still lingers around every day in the news subliminally. This is an attack on faith. And hope. And all that is precious. It's all those things. And we fail to see it. We fall short. I don't know...

I guess I'm glad that the death toll wasn't worse, but I'm sorry for that woman who lost her life and those who were injured by the gunfire. I also think that if he didn't have an AR weapon his mind wouldn't have conjured up some filthy thought about killing people. With a pistol it would have been different. He wouldn't have played Rambo with a lesser weapon.

AnAussieChef likes this.
  4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

According to the shooters manifesto he claims:

"I did not want to have to kill Jews, but they have given us no other option. I’m just a normal dude who wanted to have a family, help and heal people, and play piano."

Also, he lists Adolf Hitler as his greatest inspiration

5. soulcompromise

See... That is so acceptance driven. He's like craving attention or something to be stating "oh, Adolf Hitler...". Whatever. It's really hard to take that part seriously in any meaningful way. I think that's something people say when they are desperate to be more of a skinhead.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Unaware of the incident at the time, I was about 10 minutes away from that area, a couple hours after it happened.

Granted I only know select areas of that city, I don't think it's got a reputation for being an antisemetic hotbed.

I guess the silver lining, for a lack of a better term, is that he turned himself in.

7. soulcompromise

I heard he was driving his car and got arrested.

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

From the op article...

soulcompromise likes this.
  9. soulcompromise

Orison likes this.
  10. soulcompromise

oh.. got it. Sorry. lol :)

11. hotwater

Perhaps he could have taken pointers from Michael Lee Cummins age 25 who just killed Seven people, including a 12-year-old girl,
    and critically injured one person in Westmoreland Tennessee [​IMG]

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

hee haw..
    [​IMG]

Irminsul likes this.
  13. hotwater

No doubt he was looking for attention and acceptance in the white supremacist community by stating he was willing to sacrifice his future “for the sake of my people.”

He also claimed responsibility for an arson fire at the Islamic Center in Escondido on March 24. There were seven people inside the building at the time but no one was injured.

“I scorched a mosque in Escondido with gasoline a week after” the New Zealand shootings, But the people inside “woke up and put out the fire pretty much immediately after I drove away

14. soulcompromise

I don't know... what kind of consequence do you think he should get? He is an adult, but he seemingly is acting on some pretty juvenile impulses. I just feel like he may be a little unhinged; even for nineteen. (and you'd have to be). Anyway. I think treatment in a positive environment instead of jail. He'd be coming up roses. That's so young to throw somebody's life away, but then he killed somebody and shot several others. That's not really something we should get in the habit of going light on... I'm undecided.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeeeeooowwww

16. hotwater

Regarding his fate, I'm not undecided .............

[​IMG]

17. soulcompromise

lol. I feel the death penalty is too easy! it's just murder with another name...

Driftrue likes this.
  18. hotwater

It doesn’t really overshadow the other two high-profile shootings (unless you live in Baltimore) because it took place in a typically high crime inner-city neighborhood

soulcompromise likes this.
  19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Maybe he was into painting and methamphetamines?

Okiefreak likes this.
  20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Around this area, that very well could be possible.