Another contender for small grows on a budget?

Discussion in 'LED Growing' started by FritzDaKatx2, Jul 24, 2021.

1. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Have you tried one of these?

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  3. FritzDaKatx2

Nope, at first I thought maybe their using a decent diode was a good indicator but seeing them suggest a 60w panel for a 2'x2' has me doubting their claims a bit.
    Kind of mad as I just skipped the opportunity for stocking up on Maxisun mf1000's which use closer to 125W per board for a suggested 2x2 space. They were on sale for only $49 for a while but back to about $70 a pop now.

I think I'm just going to have to break down and run some clones outdoors till I have a supply other than dispensaries sucking up my "disposable" income which I can then devote to nicer lighting and framing out the 8'x8' section in the spare room into my growspace.

~Zen~ likes this.
  4. ~Zen~

Well that is a nice grow space, at that size you will be well supplied. And with the miracle of LED lighting, a manageable power bill.

5. FritzDaKatx2

Especially if Mrs Kat really was considering expanding her bakery business into the edibles department. Took a good year for it to sink in with her that it's legal here now

~Zen~ likes this.
  6. ~Zen~

Oooooh you lucky guy, a wife that makes edibles! YaY!

You will have buckets filled with trim, why not use it ???

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  7. FritzDaKatx2

And she doesn't partake but still means we get to grow 12 plants according to state law.

I need to find out what their literal definition of a plant is because I'm back to my crazy idea I had back in 09'.
    As a means to help keep as low a profile as possible i was thinking of some radical LST training where the goal would be to spread the plant out like a strawberry patch with multiple root points across a patch of classic.
    We'll see I guess.

~Zen~ likes this.
  8. ~Zen~

I do not know AZ law really well, but in California before legalization medical patients were allowed 6 plants (flowering) and up to 12 unflowering clones or mothers.

I have seen one plant with it's branches spread out and staked or tied down, that became a giant tree over 10 feet tall. Yielded several pounds of bud...outdoors.

But the concept is cool. If you have enough space, fill it up with plants spread out like spiders. Light will certainly make its way down into the center of the plant more easily, and you will get more buds per plant if done properly.

9. FritzDaKatx2

Yep but I'm aiming for it to be a single plant spread out like a spiderweb from the central root node then basically air rooting the tops once they're trained down to the ground.
    So basically one ginormous plant covering a 40' square garden with dozens of "root nodes".
    Probably take a whole year of vegging for it to be ready to flower
    Granted the state would probably view each node as a plant, it would sure make an entertaining court case arguing it was technically a single plant. :D

~Zen~ likes this.
  10. ~Zen~

I love the idea!!!

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  11. FritzDaKatx2

It certainly sounded like a good approach to an outdoor syealth grow back when I was in the Ozarks, being in the desert kind of spoils that aspect of it but it still sounds like a fun project.

P.S. cross your fingers for the Super lemon haze, got uprooted and unnoticed for about 10 hours... :(
    Soaked the remaining roots in a seaweed extract and hit the leaves I didn't trim with it,,, well see how it goes. (I did notice a slight perk-up in the droopy stems from when I first found it but I think too early to know if I saved it or not)

20220617_143820.jpg

12. FritzDaKatx2

Still struggling along but a tad perkier than yesterday. :fingerscrossed:

20220618_211646.jpg

And the Golden Tiger is certainly a spindly pheno (Granted I have yet to top it), looking forward to eventually seeing what comes out of the other 5 beans I have.

20220618_211611.jpg

13. FritzDaKatx2

Well, if it goes all hermie on me I suppose I can at least use the seeds for baking with

20220619_113456.jpg