Another colour-changing pipe question...

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Ocean Byrd, May 26, 2004.

1. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Will smoking substances other than bud (like DMT, opium, etc.) have different effects on some of the colours that fill in?

2. Velouria

Velouria Member

I really doubt it. After all, it is not the THC or anything else in marijuana that makes the color change. It's the smoke. So any substance that produces smoke would have the same effect. But I know nothing so I could be wrong.

3. emublazin

emublazin Member

i agree. i think it reacts to the heat and smoke.

4. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

I thought what made it change colors was the resin build up. When the resin builds up it provides a black backgound for us to see the colors on. That's why when you hold a clean color changing pipe up to a black backgound you're able to see some of the colors that it's going to change into.

So, to answer you question, yes, I think smoking other things will also add to the color change. I don't think it would have any different effects though.

I could be wrong, but that's always what I assumed happened. We should get that guy that sells pipes to comment on it.

5. Isellglasspipes

Isellglasspipes Member

The resin is what causes the glass to change cool.If you are smoking other stuff thru it, it will not help it along the way of changing.It is the dark color of the resin that does it.That is why when you clean one it goes back to the way it looked new.

6. Ocean Byrd

Ok, I wasn't sure as I'm not terribly knowledgeable about colour-changing pipes, if that isn't obvious enough already.

7. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

No they won't change the color, But if you smoke the resin from it if you've smoked opium and DMT in there, It'll be pretty fun :eek:

8. Ocean Byrd

I can imagine; I've gotta get ahold of DMT somehow...

9. HappyVal

HappyVal Member

I own a glass pipe that changes color the more you smoke it and I keep mine clean all the time. The heat makes it change color.

10. Ocean Byrd

I'm talking about the fill-in type, but ya.

Damn headshop employees, won't let me purchase anything because I'm a minor; I'll just have to get a friend to come along so that he can buy it for me.