Another Coincidence Discovery (1976)?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Jimbee68, May 18, 2019.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

As I must've said many times by now, I love coincidences. I think many of them may be no accident. Why not?

I already shared my Mount Rushmore Coincidences with you all: Mount Rushmore Coincidences...

And I may have found another one, though maybe not as striking. The year 1976 is perfectly divisible by both 76 and 13. As I said above, 13 is a unique number regarding the USA. It is the number of our original colonies and states, and thus splashed all over things like the great seal, the American flag and more. '76', the year of our independence is significant as well.

I am not saying anything much happened that year. I was 8 that year, and barely remembered it. It was the year of the bicentennial. And I think Gerald Ford was president. But that is about all.

What do the rest of you think?

:smile::smile::smile::smile:

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Study Fibonacci series, Fractal Dragons, Mandelbrot's, and the Golden Ratio which has turned out to express a multidimensional multifractal equation that describes things such as how time crystals work. You'll catch on eventually, or not. It involves nonlinear temporal dynamics that are enough to blow both Frank Zappa's mind and speakers. You are merely finding patterns in nature that suggest nature is not as random as you think and that pattern matching rules the universe (DUH!) Allan Watts described it as God playing peek-a-boo. Learn how to laugh, or not.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so is your mom.

Orison likes this.
  4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

christers have a big hang up about the number 13, which is why we don't have a calendar nicely devided into 13 months of 28 days with a few intercalery days to make up the difference every year.
    instead, to make up for the yearly drift of hours and minutes, we have this god awful mess, parts of which are named after not very nice people.

if you want something odd about numbers, it is that mathimatical constants tend to extremely odd numbers.
    a constant is one of those numbers that is a relationship between other things, that for any real world set of conditions,
    if you solve backward for it, you always come up with the very same really strange number.

pi, planq's little h, the little c people associate with light, though it really represents the relationship between mass and energy, couloumb's, avagadro's and so forth.