Animals Are Human-Like Sometimes.

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Jimbee68, May 1, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

My guess is he was kicked out of the pack after challenging the alpha wolf.

Driftrue and GLENGLEN like this.
  2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

You said "if they don't experience love that would imply they are extremely logical?"

I took it as a rhetorical question, which made it seem like binary opposites.

Why not both?

I meant rewards in a more neurophysiological sense, like eating triggers dopamine neurotransmitters and stimulates "reward system" neural pathways.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Do you think any animals go through the logical thought process?

No reason not both. But I just don't see animals as being able to do that.

If it were both, it would still mean they felt love, which is the belief I was supporting.. So I'll entertain that possibility.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't think animals think about their mortality and genes in particular but I think some reason that their offspring needs to be protected and nurtured. Much of that may be driven by hormones, instincts and love but I think they might possess a rudimentary form of logic in understanding causal relationships.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

close. i challenged the alpha wolf and won. then i raised my own set of human/wolf babies.

also, puberty. but that's more of a side note.

Driftrue and Irminsul like this.
  6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

So you're saying you had sex with a she wolf. Now I understand why you're on HipForums .

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I suppose I am influenced by the concept that early man didn't connect sex with pregnancy. But that is fiction and I don't know how much that is just speculation.

What do you mean, in practice, by "instinct"? Because it is instinctual to us to put ourselves in danger for a loved one, but that is because of the feeling of love. I wouldn't separate the two. Most "instincts" are going to be driven by an emotion or a physical sensation. The instinct to eat seems to be there from birth but as adults, if we don't feel hungry we often don't eat out of logic.

I logically don't want kids, but the instinct to reproduce manifests in wanting to have sex with men. People often say "oh that's not emotion that's JUST instinct", and I never understand what they imagine instinct is. Maybe just more physical, not emotional.

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Can you say anthropomorphize?

I remember back during the height of the Twilight movie franchise, there was a huge increase in the number of wolf-like dog breeds such as Akitas, Malamutes, and Huskies, that were abandoned out of fear they might be able to shape-shift

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Teat feeding, in the way the mother positions herself and makes teats available.

We could say there are aspects of love to this as well but that doesn't explain the position as opposed to say letting them nibble on her ears.

If we hear our stomach growl, we logically think we should eat.

I'm not sure what we're getting at here.

10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

No, I'd wandered a bit onto people who say "it's just instinct" and have no idea what they mean.

Anyway. I'm pretty certain animals experience love. That's all.

guerillabedlam and Irminsul like this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I agree. :)

[​IMG]

Driftrue likes this.