Animal Abuse Petition

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by skye*, Jan 26, 2005.

1. skye*

skye* Member

Elle

So Far All That Can Be Done That I Know Of Is Sign As Many Petitions As We Can.sonner Or Later They Have To Hear Us!!!!

I Hope That It Can Be Stopped!!!
    Sorry About The Link Its Just That Sometimes You Have To Show People Whats Really Going On, Especially When They Think Its Just A Hoax.

2. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I wish there was more I could do:( I apprechiate the link....I agree we need to know what's going on. It's just now I have that picture engraved in my mind and it's breaking my heart to pieces.

3. Abyle

Abyle Member

I'm not sure it's real. Here's why:

They say they are a supplier to www.rotten.com (a joke site) as is the other site they "supply" to.

There are no finished product pictures.

There's no 1-800 number.

They would have seriously been shut down for animal cruelty.

Newborn kittens have hard bones and do not bounce, unlike the site claims.

It also claims to be an ancient art. It's not in any Asian history book I've seen.

Who would want a cat with a colostomy bag? You wouldn't get a "trendy" person willing to clean it.

It looks like a website my brothers would make for a joke.

One of the tools they use is used for scooping spaghetti out of water.

The siamese cat series is shot in the same room and the grown cat inside the box is not a cube.

I'm not saying the guy who runs the site is cool, but looks like a joke to me.

4. Abyle

Abyle Member

The guest book also looks a bit silly:

"Since you cannot trust children to regularly feed their pets, I concluded that Celeste needed a self-contained unit. Also, she would have to pack it in her schoolbag, store it in the locker, etc., so even the appropriate supply of fresh air could become an issue."

"Thank you very much for those lovely photos. I can tell by the trademark "ear lap" that you are a student of the Liu school of Bonsai Kitticulture."

"We would be happy to surgically restore the crisp angles to your cherished pet. In fact, you may have forgotten that we provide a lifetime warranty on the shape of your Bonsai Kitten. Please, pack the Kitten into the shipping container that we will send to you via special express, and we will contact you shortly with a time estimate for the repairs."

Looks kinda silly.

5. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

The site is obviously fake. But it is still a sick site. :mad:

6. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Well I didn't do too much looking around on the site....I didn't want to. But hopefully it is just a joke, I couldn't imagine it would be really be legal, however I am never surprised by many of the crazy and discugting things I hear and see anymore when it comes to animals abuse.:$ Either way, it sickens me.

7. skye*

skye* Member

I hope its just a joke!

I also now have that image in my head and wonder why it would be listed on the same petition site as saving the rainforest and monkeys,ect.
    The site i posted on my other post for "petition of the world" are all valid petitions so yes it makes me wonder.
    tomorrow ill do some research online, there has to be more info about it if it is really going on like the petiton states.
    I agree it is a sick joke if thats the case!!

8. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

Bonsai kittens is absolutely certain a hoax. See all the things Abyle listed, and every major hoax/urban legend/snopes site lists it as one too. It's been going around for *years* and *no one* on the entire internet has produced a single picture of a finished bonsai kitten, or an actual address or *anything*.

Oh yeah, there are other fake petitions on the petition-online site... because anyone can start any petition they want, and there is no one who checks them, and yes a lot of people do fall for this hoax.

Since I never fell for it I even thought it was kinda funny (really, if you do it in a playfuy way and serve a few treats, the kittens probably thought taking the pictures was a funny game... you don't have to use force to make a cat look like that, try looking at one laying in the window sill or on a glass table to see how much a cat seems to 'flatten' without pressure, let alone damage). However it's been going around the 'net so long and so many people get upset about it, it's become really, really old. Explaining the damn thing comes up to here for me now :p

However, the crabs in cups are not a hoax :( It's disgusting to read that some stores even claim you can *keep* your pet in a cup like that... I suppose it has room to turn around and crawl maybe an inch or so, as opposed to the fake bonsai kittens, but it's still waaaaaay too little room. And did you know that round goldfish bowls are bad for fish too? Especially if there is only the one obligatory sprig of greenery and the plastic anchor at the bottom... Having just the round surface (seemingly endless) and no place to hide, goldfish go neurotic in them... And some people even keep a fish in a large wine glass, I am sorry to say I have personally seen that... 'It can swim, can't it?' was the comment from the owner... yeah, just like we can 'walk' (two steps) in a cell the size of a bathroom. A store near me sold tarantula's in a plastic cup once, which was also pretty sick... they just barely fit in the cup. They *did* make it clear it was only for sale & transport, but they kept them in there as long as they were in the store, even if they sold nice and big tanks to go with them for home use. I have no idea how many they sell but there were three; they could've been kept like that for days easily.

9. Abyle

Abyle Member

After I read it a little more though, I actually made sure my brother didn't make it because it looked SO MUCH like something he'd do. Rhett used to put my kitten Medusa in a toy birdcage. The cat was happy for the attention. It's a well done site, which is why it might have grabbed attention. The cup thing bugs me though. That is mean!

Simple answer to Bonsai Kittens: Boys are weird!

10. skye*

skye* Member

yes i saw an episode on trading spaces where they put goldfish at the bottom of the vase and actually had flowers in it!!!

they only had the bottom to swim around.
    SO NOT FAIR!!
    OH YA AND PETSMART AND PETCO ALSO SELL CRAB IN A CUP, FISH IN A CUP ND FROGS IN A CUP, NOT JUST WALMART STORES.

I KNOW BECAUSE I USED TO SHOP THERE ALL THE TIME FOR MY FROG FOOD,
    NOW I SHOP AT MY LOCAL FEED STORE INSTEAD.

HOW WOULD THEY LIKE LIVING IN A SPACE THAT SMALL...........AND EVERYTIME I HAVE GONE IN THERES AT LEAST ONE DEAD FLOATING ON THE TOP OF THE CUP:(

11. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

Yes, and forgive me for saying so but, perhaps it is time to move back to the original discussion since that involves actual animal abuse. I usually complain to a store manager every time I visit my local PETCO. They do keep crabs, and beta fish in small cups. Further more (as you pointed out )the bowls they recommend you buy for the beta fish and gold fish are not even remotely adequate. The gold fish alone need at least a 10 gallon tank! I have also seen mice and rats without water or food. I of course complained to the managers. I do not know why petco continues to sell pets. Pet sales only account for 10% of their total sales. They should just sell pet supplies.

Anyway, getting back to Wal-mart, I did not know that they are now selling the crabs and betas. I am going to visit my local wal-mart next week to see our local store is selling them. If they are then I will complain.