Angry Omnis....

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by shutterfly, May 10, 2004.

1. kayatree

kayatree Member

Megara:

This has nothing to do with this post but I couldn't find a place where it would be applicable...

My friends have the same Aristotle quote (that you're using for your signature) on their bathroom wall, at eye level when you're on the toilet. Everytime I see your posts/signature I think of their bathroom... hehe. :)

with love,
    kayatree

2. WalrusKeeper

WalrusKeeper Member

The distinction is purely semantic - once we accept that we are all animals that are conscious to varying degrees we immediately see that it is faulty logic to say that humans who have the cognitive faculties to make ethical decisions may continue to eat meat provided it isn't within our genetic species.
    Perhaps not precisely intraspecies cannibalism, but interspecies.
    The offence of cannibalism is not the consumption of the same species it is the consumption of conscious species!

3. Megara

Megara Banned

that is merely a judgment on your part, who are you(not meant offensively) to decide what 'rights' humans have? We all have different views on what is ethical. Whose view is right?

and lol kayatree, thats a good place for the quote!

4. WalrusKeeper

WalrusKeeper Member

I'm not saying that my view is 'right'.

I am saying that to eat meat and then harp on about cannibalism being comparably wrong is hypocritical (unless you're operating under religious dogma).

5. Megara

Megara Banned

i think most people would disagree with your definition of cannibalism, but to each their own

6. WalrusKeeper

WalrusKeeper Member

Most people agree with a lot of silly things... It's the charm of global apathy.:)