angry not sure if this is where i should post this

Discussion in 'Activism' started by tiedyeponcho, May 20, 2009.

1. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

^good point...we could be speaking german right now

2. peace_love_60's

peace_love_60's Member

i agree with you it is wrong to have these people die and not do anything to help them we should be protesting against this it has been going on way to long and the war needs to stop and the goverment still keeps sending more over there we need a large group that will help us :mad:

3. jazzyjerms09

jazzyjerms09 Member

It's sad and true.
    But no ammount of protest is going to end the war.

Because to every person rooting for peace, at LEAST one person is pulling for war. And you know the ones in power are definitely rooting for the war.
    To try to make my peaceful mark on the world, I keep it within the community.
    I hung signs all around my town displaying messages of love, peace and understanding. I KNEW that peope would wake up in the morning, read the signs and smile.
    Of course, the police ended up tearing them down before sunrise which broke my heart, :-/ but I continue to try to make peoples lives just a little happier and easier everyday.
    Give to a charity, give food to a homeless person, volunteer at a shelter, compliment a stranger, or dedicate a love song to the human race over the radio.
    In my opinion, every little random act of kindness contributes to making a more peaceful world.
    And if you're feeling brave, write the president and voice your opinion on the war and anything that you think needs changed!
    :cheers2: to being aware.

4. Aqua_Star420

Aqua_Star420 Member

Consciousness is evolving, but there are forces that are fighting against human enlightenment. As long as the human condition doesn't evolve, we will have violence.

5. lillallyloukins

lillallyloukins ⓑⓐⓡⓑⓐⓡⓘⓐⓝ

just keep on doin' your lovely stuff lovely lady :).... hey.. what is it about the Dave Matthews Band? i mean, i really dig the band but Dave Matthews voice is nothing special.... well that's just my opinion... or have i missed something? is it the lyrics? haven't really got down with them just yet... sorry... i know this is off topic but i just want to know what all the fuss is with Dave Matthews.... educate me? LOL :cheers2:

and peace

6. jazzyjerms09

jazzyjerms09 Member

haha. well. i absolutely LOVE his voice, i think that his range and the things he can do with it are absolutely amazing. plus, i personally find the tone of his voice orgasmic. haha
    the music that they write is SO complex, but so easy to understand at the same time.
    and yes, his lyrics are completely real. never TOO happy and never TOO sad. just real.
    ha. it took me forEVER to start to like them, but the more I listened, the more i became a die hard fan. :)

7. jimmydean885

jimmydean885 Member

its hard to fight the war in iraq because all of the solders joined up of their own accord. if there was a draft and people were forced to fight like in vietnam then people would feel more of an effect (affect? i can never keep them striaght) at home.

When a soldier dies now the soldeirs family and friends usually dont get angry, at least not at the government. Instead they get patriotic, at least this has been what I see among my friends who are in the military. they may not support the war, they may hate the war, but they love the military and the government.

8. jimmydean885

jimmydean885 Member

you cant protest against a war and soldiers dieing when they sign up and want to serve

9. munki

munki Member

Soldiers aren't the only ones dieing people. Don't forget the countless numbers of civilians that die every day due to the war. Follow Jazzyjerms09's approach, start small, in the community, show those around you love and peace, and It will spread like wildfire.

10. jimmydean885

jimmydean885 Member

yeah but the plight of the Iraqis only directly effect an extremely virtually non existant minority in the United States. to end the war you have to win the hearts of Americans and in order to do that Americans need to feel the effects of war and turn that into a hate for the war instead of love of america.

I dunno maybe what im trying to say only makes sense in my head

11. jonathanclay

jonathanclay Banned

i think a better question for anyone who feels the same as you. is what are you doing to stop it?

Actions > Thoughts

12. political squaw

political squaw Member

in order to stop wars (or stop/change anything) you have to work with the reasons. If you really want changes, answer this question first "why do we have wars"

also someone here mentioned that wars are useful for reducing earth's population in order to keep balance. well how about defrosting tech progress so that we could expand further into the universe which seems to be big enough, all that needed is to stop the profit game and concentrate on science

you don't need to protest against wars, you need to protest against the reasons that create conditions for wars

find out what they are

13. peace_love_60's

peace_love_60's Member

it may be rare but there is one person i do recall cindy miller sheehan. her son casey died in Iraq. and I think she is still active anti war protester?
    but i do see your point but we still need to end the war no matter what organization or who's protesting it is pointless that innocent people must die over rich money hungry ass holes it has been going on for years but it doesnt mean that it is right. sorry not here to start a debate or fight with anybody but i dont think it is right for anybody to die with a gun and a bomb its not good for people and or the environment its just sad :eek:

14. peace_love_60's

peace_love_60's Member

does anyone see my point.?

15. daltondude

daltondude Member

The Us nevr goes long without being in a war, bummer, there aren't manny anit-war protests in Illinois so idk wat ta do, and im sure theres quite alot of petions for ending the war so idk