Angelina Jolie had both breasts removed

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, May 14, 2013.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

They are working on making the test she took cheaper cause yea... no one should have to die because they couldn't afford that test.

2. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Of course you don't trust GMO. It is something new and you fear of unknown, which is very common and natural behaviour.

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, yea, I don't very much like to be a guinea pig. And what really sucks is you never can really tell if you buy corn or whatever if it is a GMO product or not (unless it is labeled or you're buying it locally). But, yea, it's not like I have any hard evidence- "this causes cancer" but I don't feel like being a guinea pig.

4. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Imo when they first started GMO was definitely more dangerous and with time it might be getting safe.

Someone with higher knowledge in this field should verify this article:
    http://www.wanttoknow.info/gmoinyourfood

Guy writes that many animals died or had issues after being fed GMO, while wikipedia says:
    What it means, is that there might a lot of misinformations around the internet and what we need are modern studies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_food_controversies

5. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Rather a stupid post I think...

1.I love the way u don't even manage to spell "intellectual" properly. LOL

2.What would u like me to post? A 12,000 word thesis on the proteins involved in our immune system?
    I'm sure that would delight the majority of posters here... not.

3.If GM foods were medicines, they'd never get clearance for sale in any civilised country. I'm not so sure about your lobbyist ridden country...

4.If you wanna choose to kill yourself, fine. Just don't accept the rest of us to ingest poisons. Crops were fine before pesticides and chemicals were introduced to contaminate them, and swell the profits of corporate parasites. When did you pay less for organic? Never!

6. odonII

odonII O

Yeah, sure, why not.

It kinda sounds like you are grasping at things you half remember - or think you read. Perhaps find that thesis, and post that instead.

I've been reading: http://academicsreview.org/reviewed-content/genetic-roulette/section-5/5-1-ingested-food-and-dna/

7. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

I love how you find spelling mistake so important.

Yeah, you could post thesis veryfying your argument. Otherwise it means nothing.

8. odonII

odonII O

Pardon? :D

9. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

and* but still you probably aren't wondering about that one... or are you? :D

10. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

The problem is that the route she took is elective surgery and most women would not be able to afford surgery out of pocket. Still she will likely help some women by making her decision public.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

cost less than the fuel tank on a drone.

12. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yea, that is very true.

And just a side note on that-once the test is more readily available you should still take it even if you can't afford elective surgery (I know I couldn't), because there ARE other options- like screening every 6 months, etc.

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

There isnt actaully much of a link at all between dietary fat and cancer.

I've heard some state the sentiment that its mostly about ' how you look after yourself', with other health issues yes, but not cancer

Genetics is a big one with some cancers, radiation, heavy metals, with cervical cancer its pretty much all about HPV and of course sun for melanoma.

Some are a lot deadlier than others, pancreatic and liver cancer the fatality rate is up in the 90s%, breast and prostate down around 30 %.

My point being over obsessing about GM foods or mobile phones when you are spending 8 hours a day in the sunlight with your job or cleaning the oven without gloves is well .......

14. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I'm sure she has so much money if she wanted she could have even better boobs than before

15. odonII

odonII O

I wasn't questioning your grammar (I hadn't noticed the error, and am used to a few errors, anyway) - just the notion Angelina could buy a human, and have their skin stripped off and replace hers with it. Is that possible?

16. odonII

odonII O

Who is tested for faulty genes?

If a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and has a strong family history of breast and/or ovarian cancer, she will usually be offered a blood test to see whether she has a faulty gene. If the test is positive, this means she has a higher risk of developing cancer in her other breast and of developing ovarian cancer.
    Women who don’t have breast cancer can be offered testing if they are at risk of having a faulty gene. This can include relatives of women with a faulty gene, and women with a strong family history of breast cancer where a living family member with breast or ovarian cancer is available for testing.
    “Women who have a mother or sister who has tested positive can opt for a simple genetic test to find out whether they’ve got the faulty gene,” says Evans.
    If you don’t have a relative who has tested positive for a faulty gene, family history needs to be strong to justify testing. "Looking at family history means looking at the combinations of breast and ovarian cancer, and young-onset [younger than 50] breast cancer in the family," says Evans.
    "For example, a family history of three women in their thirties or four women in their forties having cancer would easily qualify someone for genetic testing.”
    What if a woman without cancer has a faulty gene?

Because a woman with a faulty gene has a high lifetime risk of breast and ovarian cancer, she has options. Depending on her age and estimated risk, she’ll be offered mammograms or MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans, or both.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Breastcancer/Pages/Breastcancergenes.aspx

I don't think this should be down to if you can afford to the test etc.

17. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

With right amount of money everything is possibile.

18. odonII

odonII O

:D - think about it for a minute. The ENTIRE skin of one person grafted onto another person - after their skin is removed ENTIRELY.

19. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Well, they could make it in parts. Not like they cut off dudes skin and put another one like clothes. If by some miracle dudes body accepted all that alien tissue. Other option would be feeding him with shitton of medicines which would prevent his body from discarding alien skin.

So one day skin on back, wait till it feels like in home, then front, etc. etc...
    :D

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

In Poland perhaps :D